1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

what's this piece called?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by bmparent, Sep 5, 2014.

1. bmparent

bmparent Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    002.JPG ...it came off while I was under the car poking around, located somewhere between the radiator and the engine block. Both of them are in bad shape due to some front-end damage some years ago. Are they important? Should they be replaced? The one on the passenger side has a cable/wire fastened to it so I'm likely to leave it alone. I'm also planning on replacing the wheel-well liners. I'd like to just rip' 'em off because they're both kind of mangled, but I don't know if it's alright to drive for long with out them. Thoughts?

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Looks like one of your under engine splash shields. Yes I would put it back on or buy new ones. They protect the engine and wiring from too much water and dirt, plus they add mpg due to less air drag on the car. Some aftermarket versions are pretty cheap but usually they just need the clips.

3. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The part you imaged is Toyota p/n 53286-47010, a "Radiator Support - Side Seal Panel"

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I'd check prices before pulling them out, if possible, suspect refurb' is preferable to buying new ones wherever possible, they can be pricey.