1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

When To Replace Struts?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by The Critic, Apr 8, 2011.

1. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    My last camber adjustment was done by me in my driveway with a Craftsman digital level after the dealership totally screwed it up. :mad: :mad: I had it checked by an independent shop afterward to verify the front camber and the rear toe after adding the custom shim made by Galaxee’s DH. That was about 82k miles back. I got good tire wear from the Michelin Destiny tires; almost 70k from the first two and about 65k from second two. The older set had some sidewall cracking so I decided to replace before the rainy season. We haven’t got much rain though.

I’m getting an alignment because the steering wheel has been off a bit since the intermediate steering bolt recall.

My coworkers consensus is to bite the bullet and do the struts now before the alignment. If I wasn’t getting an alignment soon, I would just wait until one or both struts got bad enough to be noticeable.