1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where is the search field, looking traction battery changes G3

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by chronart, Mar 24, 2014.

1. chronart

chronart Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Have a 2001 and a 2010. The traction battery has failed in the 2001 and my wife says no to a rebuild and I say no to a dealer's new battery price, so looking for a newer used replacement Prius, to kill time until gen4 comes out. When I go on Craig's List I am surprised at the number of 2005,6 that say they have new batteries in them. Seems like gen2 has a higher failure rate than gen1. Figure it's just a statical fluke on the latest listings on Craig, but thought I'd better do some checking. Did gen2 make the batteries run hotter on average. I thought gen 2 batteries had lower source impedance so probably ended up cooler but I don't know how the average currents compared.

What were the changes between gen2 and 3? Sorry to bug the forum but I can't seem to find the search box for this forum. Thank you.

Barry Gamble

2. neez

neez Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Statistically speaking, the gen2's sold a boatload more priuses than the gen1. The gen2 was when the prius really took to adoption. So yes, you will see more that need batteries based soley on that reason alone, even if it has a lower failure rate, it's still a rate. So a rate on a much higher volume of cars will net you more hits in your search. Here's a chart below for example:
    [​IMG]

3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Just use Google search in your browser with Priuschat.com as one of the search parameters. Works much better than the site's search function.

SCH-I535

4. jdk2

jdk2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Put this in the search box of google:
    Code:
    site: priuschat.com whatever you're looking for

5. chronart

chronart Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

6. chronart

chronart Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Now I see the problem. I was on an iPad and the search box was not showing up.

Thank you, Barry