1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who has Barcelona Red Metallic ?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Lcruiser, May 20, 2007.

1. Lcruiser

Lcruiser Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I test drove Prius second time, and I like it better than my frist try a few months ago. :)

This was the first time I saw Barcelona Red Metallic, and WOW!! What a beautiful color it is!!! I normally don't like red but this one looks hot!!!! Isn't it red one is easy to have oxidation problem? Unfortunately the car has basic package. Anyone has basic backage and wish they have gone with higher package?

2. mschrank

mschrank New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LandCruiser @ May 20 2007, 06:13 PM) [snapback]446351[/snapback]</div>

Have 07 Barcelona Red Touring, pkg 6, beige leather. About 3 weeks old & 750 miles.
    Love the color combo. A real standout. Seats very comfortable. Leather has more support than cloth and very easy to clean.
    Put on side mouldings from PC Acc. Added protection & looks just like factory.

My wife has 06 Red CRV EX. Very different reds, but both winners in my book. Really wax up nice.

MHS

3. meshell

meshell New Member

i have a 2006 barcelona red metallic with gray interior, package 8. i wanted a black or gray prius when i went to the dealer, but really fell in love with the red. i have never had a red car before, but i don't speed so i really don't worry about 'getting caught'. my hubby bought a scion xb in salsa red that same night. i do love the salsa red but different is good!

4. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I too have a 2006 barcelona red metallic with gray interior, package 8. I got it on January 2, 2006 when everyone was waiting for the $3150 tax credit. As a result when I picked up my Prius there was every color on the lot. After seeing all of them at one time I felt absolutely great that mine was that barcelona red one. It really is a great looking color for a car.

Cheers

5. Lcruiser

Lcruiser Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Pictures guys???

6. Phred

Phred New Member

We just bought a Barcelona Red (package #2) 3 days ago. I've never really been too fond of red cars, but we got a good deal, and every time I see it, my heart races just a little bit. It is a fantastic color (see avatar)!

7. Old Marine

Old Marine Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My mother, 90 years young, (got her drivers license renewed last year) this month got a Barcelona red hybred Camry. She saw my red '06 Prius last fall and loved it. Then my baby brother (64years old) arrived in a nondescript blue '06 Prius. Told no one he had it. Everyone knew about mine and I am sure he got his because big brother was bragging. (Mom's birthday was the reunion occassion in MN.) She was well on the road to getting a Prius for herself but the seat thing, nonadjustable modes, nonelectric, plus high rear hatch reach, steered her to the Camry, but it had to be that red. She also likes them faster "off the blocks" than the Prius. "About the only thrill I can still get." she said. I told her sex was ok, just don't have any more kids, five is enough. MSP look out!

About the basic car vice all the extras---I got side air bags as my extra, a had to have in my mind (standard now.) Phoning in the car is an emergency procedure for us. I know where I am going and have charts for the trip before I take off. With the lousy rear vision a back-up cam would be nice, but there are after market setups available. Do not have one yet. I would like to know what the oil pressure, engine temp. and amps are doing rather than waiting for a failure to light up a warning light.

Whatever you decide you want/need, you will love this car. (red is THE color)

8. priussoris

priussoris New Member

We have an 07 Barcelona Red Metalic Pkg.1 Do not need the jbl stereo cause the stnd 6spkr stereo is fine, and have heard the nav. is not what it is cracked up to be plus a Garmin is cheaper and able to go in different cars. So we are very happy with the pkg.1
    Enjoy your new prius

Attached Files:

9. dnoh

dnoh New Member

I bought 07 barcelona red Prius about a month ago and I love it. I already put 2300 miles on this car and I saved so much money already.

I posted my car pictures here somwhere. I should find one. I wish we have member gallery section so I can find my picture thread much easier.

10. bhaynnes

bhaynnes Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I've got one, I love it. Almost a year old.

Attached Files:

11. Tenebre

Tenebre Custom User Title

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Does anyone know the difference between "Barcelona red metallic" and "Red Mica Metallic"?

12. GreenGene

GreenGene New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Red was not on my mind at all when my wife & I went for our Prius test drive, but as soon as we saw the Barcelona Red, we both really, really liked it .... and ordered one that same day.

Great color - my first red car - and great car!

13. wiiprii

wiiprii New Member

Ho Prii Drivers,

New member here, long-time guest-lurker. Had to come out of lurking to post.

My wife and I have an 07 Prius in Barcelona Red. We love it. I have owned other cars, one was white and the other grey. Always thought how nice they would look if repainted red. Now I have a red car and I love it.[attachmentid=8337]

-wiiprii

Yes we have the base and I think I'd look for a package #1 just to get the ipod jack. I wouldn't like the keyless entry though, but that's just me.

-wiiprii

Attached Files:

• prii.jpg
      prii.jpg
      File size:
      102.6 KB
      Views:
  14. Panacea

Panacea New Member

I bought my Barcelona Red Metallic (gray interior, package #6) two weeks ago and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! :D I've never been a red car person before, but I have fallen in love with my Prius. I was just telling my hubby the other day that this is EXACTLY the car I want. You know how some people say "if I had more money I'd buy Car X" or whatever? If I were a millionaire I'd buy the SAME car! :D

Jolly likes this.
  15. GoEco

GoEco Red Prii Rule

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Mine just came home last night. :D Package 6 with dark grey interior.

I had test driven one with a cloth interior earlier int he day and though another salesperson had said there was no difference in the seat structure, it didn't feel as nice as the leather one we bought. I don't love the factory leather b/c of the perforations and this is going to be our mail family car (imagining crumbs and water falling into the perforated abyss!), but it feels more comfortable.

Anyway, not the best picture but it's all I have so far!
    [​IMG]

Mysticcat likes this.
  16. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tenebre @ May 21 2007, 11:20 AM) [snapback]446783[/snapback]</div>
    Toyota names the colors differently in different countries. If you know what the paint code is, you can compare it to other colors worldwide. Mine is Salsa Red (paint code 3Q3, and named "Regency Red" in Great Britain) and Barcelona Red is 3R3.

Here's a link to Tom Stangl's vfaq website, which has lots more codes and names:

http://www.vfaq.net/docs/PaintCodes.html

17. Tenebre

Tenebre Custom User Title

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mcbrunnhilde @ May 28 2007, 06:51 AM) [snapback]450900[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the link!
    Barcelona Red Metallic = 3R3 = Red Mica Metallic here in Sweden, according to the papers the dealer gave me when I ordered the car.

18. emtownsend

emtownsend New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I hope to be picking my '07 Prius, package #6 in Barcelona Red Metallic on Thursday of this week! I am going to have the rear windows privacy tinted too.
    Woot!

19. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I have had my Barcelona Red Prius for almost a year. Here's a pic from yesterday after I finished polishing. :)

[attachmentid=8410]

Attached Files:

20. Mysticcat

Mysticcat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I just got the Barcelona Red and it is awesome. We have the 2013 four with leather seats and sunroof and the tech package. Its an awesome little car and fun to drive.