1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Width & Cargo Room

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by moshe_levy, Apr 13, 2011.

1. moshe_levy

moshe_levy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Unlike many in here I am looking forward to the Prius V. My current 2008 Touring Package 6 has served me well, but baby #3 is coming due in July. So with a baby seat for the 20 month old on one side of the back seat, and an infant seat on the other, my 9 year old won't have room in the middle of the back seat to fit. All I need is enough width to put the 3 kids back there, and a little more cargo room wouldn't hurt. If the Prius V can accomplish this, it's perfect for me! Because right now, the next hybrid step up that can hold us is a Highlander, which is a sloppy, heavy SUV. The V hopefully fills the void between Prius and HiHy.

-MKL

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Unfortunately, I don't think the Prius v will help you that much. :/

From Toyota USA Newsroom | Toyota Reveals Prius Family of Vehicles at the North American International Auto Show, it looks like it's only 1.2 inches wider than the 3rd gen (Toyota Prius - 2011 Performance & Specifications) and 2 inches wider than the 2nd gen (http://www.toyotacertified.com/ebrochures/09_prius.pdf). Not sure about interior dimensions.

From Toyota Camry Performance & Specs, the HyCam might be better for you, but the cargo room/versatility will be lacking compared to your Prius. Other than that.... you'd have to go HiHy if you wanted to stay w/Toyota hybrids...

It really is too bad we're not getting the 7 seater version (Prius+ or whatever) w/the 3rd row. :(

3. moshe_levy

moshe_levy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We'll have to see, but maybe just a few inches is all it will take. I'm not too keen on third rows in small vehicles like this. Usually they're more hype than practical. In a full size SUV they're actually useful.

-MKL

4. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

never tried 3 seats at the back :).

we will see how it fits.... there is a lot more cargo space, >50%.... width is between Highlander and Prius.

5. krelborne

krelborne New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
  6. moshe_levy

moshe_levy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Fantastic!!! This *may* work, and I'll be able to keep my Prius without having to drop $$$ and lose MPGs on a HiHy. GREAT! Thanks!

-MKL