1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Window tint with the solar option. :-)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by katiesdad7, Aug 20, 2011.

1. katiesdad7

katiesdad7 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    If you wonder if the tint works I will tell you 100% YES. I have the Blizzard Pearl with the solar roof option. I live in South Florida and it gets HOT here. My car is in the shop for over a week now (long story) and they gave me a dark grey 2010 Prius without the solar option and no tint. When I get in that car after work I can't breath its just so hot inside. Also I have the AC on pretty much fill blast all the way home (42 miles).

With MY Prius the inside is just like outside, maybe a little warmer and the AC cools it down pretty quickly. The dark Prius just sucks up the heat but the white one keeps the inside cool.

2. bzyrice

bzyrice Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I agree!! People dont believe that the solar fans work.. but I KNOW they work! With tint my car is hardly ever BURNING hot inside. I too also live in South Florida.

3. RedBackFur

RedBackFur Owner

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have my front windows tinted with 3M Crystaline® film. Expensive, but it has almost no color (just rainbows with polarized lenses). I would do ALL the windows but the film was just too expensive, and I rarely have rear seat passengers.

The beauty of this film is that it blocks 97% infrared and 99% Ultraviolet. It is amazing how much heat it blocks for being nearly invisible. Also: Non-metalized, so won't block radio signals.

Keeps the car cooler when parked, too (I also have the solar roof).

Crystalline Automotive Films - Clear automotive window film for cars, trucks - Crystalline - 3M US

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I will add that it works up north too. We get 30°C weather too and it works wonders.