1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wiring for the 2010 Prius Enginer 4kwh Kit

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by chicagoaaron, Feb 28, 2011.

1. chicagoaaron

chicagoaaron New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just got a 4kwh Enginer kit. Does anyone have pictures or a link to pictures of where to connect the wires at the dashboard?

for connecting the 2 wires:
    Hook up ECU Ignition Ready signal to on/off switch panel.
    Reference: X387000000801LD (for 2010 Prius)
    SMRG (L5-2) – Yellow: Ignition Ready (Connect to the Green wire of PHEV switch panel)
    E01 (L5-5) – White-Red: Ground (Connect to the Brown wire of PHEV switch panel)

The user manual pictures are not so clear. Thanks

2. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    There are 3 wires from Enginer kit, white, green brown. For 2010 you don't need to connect the white wire. For brown wire, you can connect directly to ground. For the green wire, you need to remove the glove box and locate the power management ECU. The ECU is the left most module. It has "Power Management" printed on its left side. The ready wire is the yellow wire located on the second plug from the top. I don't remember the pin number but it's the second pin from the top on the left side of the plug. You should test it with a digital multimeter to make sure.
    The Enginer owners manual is very confusing. It shows many pictures of Gen II instead of Gen III. I wish it was written more clearly with more accurate illustration. I had to hunt my down by myself because no one wanted to help.

1 person likes this.
  3. dan2l

dan2l 2014 Prius v wagon

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hello Arron,
    Attached is a photo.
    Gen3ReadyWire.jpg
    You can get this and a lot more by going to the Enginer forum and requesting user status.

Thanks,
    Dan

1 person likes this.
  4. chicagoaaron

chicagoaaron New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thank you so much!
    Do most people install the BMS display on the dashboard of the car?
    It also sounds like from other post that i need to cool the converter with more then the supplied fans?

5. chicagoaaron

chicagoaaron New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    So after the car gave me "Check Hybrid System" error for the orange high voltage battery safety plug not being seated completed. I got the car going and 2 days and 40 EV miles later, this is amazing! Its pretty cool in Chicago now and the converter really heats up, I am gonna have to do something with the cooling. I am thinking one of the liquid cooling setups for desktop computers would be the best? I will read some more threads tho.

1 person likes this.
  6. Flaninacupboard

Flaninacupboard Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Liquid cooling is a great idea for hot places. If you look around there are some pictures of the inside of the converter, not sure how you would connect it up.