1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Woohoo! I'm in the club!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by fattymoocow, Mar 31, 2012.

1. fattymoocow

fattymoocow New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I am sitting in the dealership right now, just signed my papers and I just got myself a brand spanking new 2012 Prius 4 blizzard pearl with the solar roof package and a bisque softex interior! Crazy thing is I came in here last week looking at Prius C three! And I am walking out with a Prius 4! Sorry for all the exclamations I am just so excited!

Just waiting for them to finish cleaning up my car and putting a "full tank" of gas in it ;)

2. adamace1

adamace1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
  3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Wow, how 30 seconds ago. Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride!

4. dmvp

dmvp Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Woot! Welcome to the club! It IS exciting isn't it?!? I've had mine now for almost 3 years and I'm still excited to own it, drive it and look at it!!

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  6. Tommy777

Tommy777 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Congrats! I got mine less than two weeks ago and I still feel excited =D

7. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to Prius ownership! :)

8. ArkiePrius

ArkiePrius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Congrats on the new Prius, MooCow. I have had mine for a month and a half or so and I am loving it more every day. You will love all the features and the Softex interior. Happy Driving:rockon:

Arkie

9. kinematic11

kinematic11 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Moocow, Ordered mine today, I gotta wait 4 days and you got yours now, ugh! Congrats!

10. fattymoocow

fattymoocow New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks for the warm welcome!! I'm LOOVING it! I just traded in a 1998 Toyota 4Runner and I'm coming from probably 18-21 mpg to this 50mpg stuff! I'm so happy! Not going to lie, the 4Runner was my first car when I first started driving in 1999 so it's been with me since through the 139,000 miles. I kind of do miss it. I'm hoping that the Prius will be able to take it's spot! :) So far so good!

I wish I could post pictures, but I need a few more posts. :D

1 person likes this.
  11. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello fellow excited newbie! Drove mine home today! Three - Nautical Blue/Dk grey/Nav. Had lots of fun sitting in the garage setting it up. Works great with my Droid X/bluetooth/entune. Ordered the ProClips to mount the phone today as well.

Now I need to get over the anxiety of leaving it the driveway (wife was at work earlier, the garage is 'her' spot). Wish the glove box locked...

Also called XM and got the premier package added to the three month trial for $10.41 total (gotta have my Howard Stern!).

Still feel weird looking at the backup cam screen vs. turning my head and looking back. don't know what I'm supposed to do there... camera picture is clearer than I expected though.

Can't wait to see what other new things I'll find.

Matt

12. withspirit

withspirit New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    You and I bought the same car! :welcome: I love mine so much after 8 whole days!!

13. kc8hyg

kc8hyg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    i have had mine for 6 months,still excited. (barcelona reed)

14. jabecker

jabecker driver of Prii since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Today I traded in my beloved 2005 Tideland Pearl Prius on a brand new 2012 Sea Glass Pearl Prius Four with the solar moon roof.

I still don't know how everything works, but I'm having a blast pushing all of the buttons and finding out. :D

15. fattymoocow

fattymoocow New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Woohoo to you PhysicsGuy and Jabecker! I usually NEVER wake up at 8am on a weekend morning but today I did, went out cleaned out the car (had to lug personal items over from my traded-in car) and sat in the car and messed with the buttons. I'm still not really sure of what to do with all of those things, but I'm sure I'll learn something probably everyday for a while.

I went and grabbed the owner's manual from the glovebox last night and I've never seen a car have such a HUGE owner's manual. I was thinking, "you know your car is beefed up when your owner's manual is this thick." lol. I was at the dealer's for a little over 6 hours yesterday and so I was so tired I didn't get to read too much last night but today I will take some time out and read my owner's manual.

Congrats to you fellow 2012 newbies too! :)

1 person likes this.
  16. Big Steve

Big Steve ramblin wreck

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Moocow, congrats! I haven't made the move yet, maybe within the week. Where in Richmond? I am Southside (nr. Brandermill)

What dealer did you go with? May I ask the price you paid? Before and after TT&L?

Not sure of color yet, but otherwise exactly what we want.

17. fattymoocow

fattymoocow New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hey! I sent you a private message. It's pretty detailed and I hope it helps! Update us and let me know if what you end up with! Good luck BigSteve! I actually was VERY strict on the color I wanted when I walked into the dealership the first time. My car HAD to be classic metallic silver with dark grey interior. I walked out with a Blizzard Pearl/Bisque interior. lol. So just go in there and see what they have and see what you like since you already know basically what you want out of your car.

18. B. Roberts

B. Roberts Hypah Milah! Ayuh.

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Understand about the color thing... we went looking for a silver or Blizzard and ended up with a Barcelona. First bright red car ever. The Bisque interior is not bad, either.

Use that owner's manual. It's full of really useful info. If you use the manual, you'll know how to operate everything in your car in a fairly short time.

Now that fuel's back into the expensive range, you'll come to love this car in a hurry. I couldn't imagine driving a vehicle that got under 20 MPG at these gasoline price levels. Would be too painful.:eek:

You are now driving one of the most fuel efficient cars on the market. Congratulations.

19. fattymoocow

fattymoocow New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Aww thanks! I've brought the owners manual in and have been skimming through it here and can't believe the book is that big for a car! Yeah, I am more excited about it as the day passes, I just kind of miss my 4Runner. lol, it was my baby for 14 years. :D

I'm still getting used to how it accelerates after it has come to a complete stop. I am used to a better acceleration but then again my car only has 80 miles on it and I know it takes some time to break the engine in. Will be taking it out again for a drive later. :) Loving the new car smell too!

20. alphac2005

alphac2005 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm thrilled to be in the club, too! My wife and I just purchased a 2012 Prius Three on Wednesday and I don't think that I've been as excited about buying a car in the past decade and a half since this one. The vehicle is simply terrific and being our first Toyota, the quality is quite impressive.

I've already had several incidents with people being rather aggressive driving by the car, riding up the tail (and I'm not going slowly), but being here in Atlanta, giant vehicles and horrible drivers are standard fare. Our other car is an '11 Fiesta and we don't get nearly the aggression towards that car as the Prius. I guess they're pissed that we're averaging 50 MPG and they're at 15. :D