1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

wow, finally saw a mariner hybrid in the wild

Discussion in 'Ford/Lincoln Hybrids and EVs' started by galaxee, Jun 9, 2007.

1. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    saw an 08 mariner hybrid in a parking lot the other day... it caught my attention because of the odd shade of green that it was. and there was this HUGE hybrid badge on the back of it, like the older escape hybrids but about 3x bigger. i've seen about all of the other hybrids out there in the wild, all except the LS i think, but it was the first time i've ever seen the mariner.

that says something, in my mind.

2. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I've seen a few Escape Hybrids. When I was in Boston last year I saw several Rx 400h's but I've never seen one in Colorado. Like the escape though, you have to see the small logo to know. I haven't seen a Mariner hybrid, but then again, I haven't seen many mariners either. The hybrid Escape/Mariners do make up a reasonable (10%+) chunk of the overall model sales though. I think a lot of gov't fleets have them. At least 2 municipalities in the metro Denver area have them.

3. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    A former agent in my office had a Mariner Hybrid. Our mortgage advisor has a Highlander Hybrid. With my Prius, that was 3 hybrids in an office of ~40 people, which I consider a pretty high percentage...

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yet to see one (esp. since we don't have Mercurys any more in Canada). I've seen 1 or 2 08 FEHs.

5. rxhybrid

rxhybrid New Member

We have 3 MMH's in our neighborhood at least 2 others "in the wild", and quite a few FEH's. As a matter of fact, two people have FEH's where I work. It just must be a local phenomenon.

My MMH as been a good so far. Only time will tell.