1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

xw3(a) zvw30(H) zvw30L -ahxebw(1d) What prius do I have?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Marc L., Apr 26, 2013.

1. Marc L.

Marc L. New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This sounds crazy, I do not even know what model I have? I bought this last November new in France.

I see things like Prius 5, Privus C, etc. What model is this? I looked at Toyotas site but it did not have much.

Thank you
    Marc

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    In the US, there are 4 members of the Prius family (Toyota Prius Family 2013 | New Hybrid Cars): the regular Prius (aka liftback), Prius c (smaller), Prius v wagon (larger, 5 seater only in the US; 5 and 7 seater versions available in some markets) and Plug-in Prius (aka PiP).

The names of the c and v wagon are different in some markets.

If you took a picture of the side of your car and the back w/the nameplate, that would help. Also, there are identifier plates/stickers like Prius Labels - Prius Wiki.

I'm still very annoyed by the "genius" who decided to screw w/the Prius wikipedia entry and call the models XW10, XW20, etc. Toyota AFAIK has NEVER sold ANY Priuses w/such designations. I have no time nor motivation to bother fixing it and changing all the related articles and dealing w/battles that might result (people undoing it, having to discuss changes, etc.) It's AFAIK always been NHW10, NHW11, NHW20, ZVW30, NHP10, etc. (see Prius Wiki).

3. Marc L.

Marc L. New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    By doing more searching and looking at trim packages, etc I am pretty sure I have a Prius V with the 1.8 L, permanent oil cartridge with replaceble paper oil filter. The plate only has xw3 etc on it.

Toyotoa is a little crazy how they are marketing the car. Very confusing. In France they market it as the "Lounge" model.

4. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    ^^^
    The only currently sold member (in the US) of Prius family that doesn't have a 1.8L engine is the Prius c.

Can you take a pic of the exterior from the side or the back of the vehicle? Or, if you take a picture of the dash, instruments, HVAC and shifter, we can identify. I took a pic of the driver's side sticker on a Prius v wagon before and it had ZVW41L-AXXEBA, so it's a ZVW41.

5. kilimar

kilimar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I know this is a dead thread.... Looking to buy a Prius and trying to figure out which model it was... Anyway, found this and serveral other thread until I came across the Toyota site. :) Future reference, Toyota website, will decode your VIN and give you the Model of Prius (II, III, IV, V) ... at least as of this writing.

Vehicle Specification | Toyota Owners

bisco likes this.
  6. Djjkarate

Djjkarate Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    yup.. just tried it and it worked..

I have a 2015 Prius Model 2..

ty...don