1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

0% APR in San Francisco Bay Area and Northern California

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by VicVicVic, Aug 2, 2012.

1. VicVicVic

VicVicVic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I hope you are doing well.

From the beginning of August to September 4, 2012, dealerships in Northern California, including the San Francisco Bay Area, will offer 0% APR for 36 months for the 3rd Gen 2012 Prius (as well as the Prius Plug-In).

For more information, visit
    Buyatoyota.com

Details:
    • 0% APR for 36 months
    • 1.9% APR for 60 months
    Offer Ends 9/4/2012Offers available only to qualified buyers through Toyota Financial Services. 36 monthly payments of $27.78 per $1,000 borrowed for 0% APR, 60 monthly payments of $17.48 per $1,000 borrowed for 1.9% APR. No down payment required if qualified. Offers exclude Prius c, Prius v, and Prius Plug-in and end 9/4/12.
    Vic

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sweet, thanks! have you got your eye on one?

3. VicVicVic

VicVicVic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Definitely.

I guess I can state my ulterior motive for my posting of this thread (it's how I found out there's 0% APR).

I live in San Francisco and am looking to get a Prius Four in Blizzard Pearl. If anyone knows of a dealership that has a good price, or any tips or tricks, please let me know. On CarWoo.com, I'm seeing ~$27,000 before taxes and fees.

Now I'm just stressing out about auto insurance, as I'm a first-time car buyer. Any tips on that would be great, too!

Thanks,
    Vic

4. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Too bad they are only offering those rates in Cali... Quoted on the site using Texas Zip, the best rate I could get is 3.9 with a excellent credit rating...

I have been drooling over the package #3 '12's - I really like the dark blue one's the best. I just can't talk the wife into it yet.

As far as insurance goes, I didn't see a big jump when we got ours last year.

Ron (dorunron)

VicVicVic likes this.
  5. miketee

miketee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Not only California...just got 0% on a 2012 Prius Four w/solar roof pkg. here in Maryland. Financing is through Toyota so I figured it was nation-wide.

As for tips...I just parused the dealer web sites in my area until I found the color combination I wanted (Classic Silver w/Dark Gray trim). When I found it, I asked for the "out the door" price (that includes tax, tags, fees, etc). The dealer replied with a price right around invoice.

If you're a first time buyer, I assume you're young. If you're still in your 20's and single, you'll pay more. Your rates are also influenced by where you live, your credit score and how much money you make! Just like buying the car, you have to shop around. Get on the phone or go online and get several quotes. Of course, buying a Prius will earn you some points (as opposed to a Corvette)!

This is my 2nd Prius...had a 2010 III for three years and wanted to move up to the luxury features of the four. The solar roof really looks good with the classic silver. We had rain today so I haven't had a chance to test it out yet!

Good luck with your car purchase.

VicVicVic likes this.
  6. VicVicVic

VicVicVic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My girlfriend and I bought our Prius Four in Blizzard Pearl with a Dark Gray interior (the exact combination we wanted) this past Monday, four days ago. I used CarWoo.com. TrueCar.com, Costco Auto, and simply contacted via e-mail and phone approximately a dozen dealerships.

I got an excellent price, and think the only way I could have gone lower is if I had chosen a color other than Blizzard Pearl (or chosen bisque as the interior color). Also, I negotiated the eight-year warranty down from $1,895 to $1,150.

Thanks for all the replies!