1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

01 Prius CVT replaced, still wont move? Help

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Joekingiam, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Joekingiam

Joekingiam Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello,
    After replacing my cvt in my 2001 Prius it still has the triangle and will not move. Does the new cvt need to be programmed? What is going on? I appreciate any help.
    Joe

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Exactly what do you mean by CVT? Are you talking about the transaxle? The Prius doesn't have a CVT.

Tom

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    When you say "cvt" I assume that you mean the transaxle. That does not need to be programmed.

Are any warning lights on, besides the master warning red triangle? If yes, exactly what lights are on? Does the Prius become READY? What is the condition of the 12V battery?

How long has it been since the car last ran? If the downtime has been more than a few months then the traction battery may be having a problem, beyond whatever else is wrong with the car.

If warning lights are on, then DTC should have been logged and you will need to retrieve those to determine "what is going on." Good luck.

4. Flaninacupboard

Flaninacupboard Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When working on high voltage parts of the car the first thing you do is remove the orange service plug on the battery, and the last thing you do is refit it. it's very easy to not fit the plug correctly, check it.

5. Joekingiam

Joekingiam Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I fixed my ecvt, it had abroken wire in the mg2 connecter.
    The correct name for this is a ecvt transaxle

6. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Hi Joe, waiting to hear whether you can retrieve some codes. Will only add that one time I removed some wires to the ignitors. Having poorly reconnected them, the 01 Prius was in a horrible state.

So among other things, make sure all the ignitor and injector wires are well connected.