1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

02 Prius Radio question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Hokie-Dave, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Hokie-Dave

Hokie-Dave Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    New member here. I just picked up an '02 Prius and have a weird question about the radio. My car has the AM/FM cassette, with the single CD down below (behind the door). Whenever I either eject a cassette to go back to radio, or just hit the FM button (to switch to the radio from cassette) the radio doesn't go back to the station I was last listening to. Is this normal? Is there a main station program I need to set for a default overall station? This is weird and I've never seen another radio (factory or aftermarket) do this.

Thanks,

2. Kyle Pehrson

Kyle Pehrson Member

I don't think that is normal but it only warrnty 3yr
    or 36,000

3. Hokie-Dave

Hokie-Dave Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I know it isn't under warranty anymore. I guess I was just asking if it was normal. I just find it kinda wierd, that's all. When I want to switch from my XM radio which I have via my cassette adapter I click on the FM button which takes me to 95.5 every time, even though I was listening to 106.7 or 98.7 before XM. Oh well, I guess I can deal with it. I'm not buying a new radio just for that.

Thanks,

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kyle Pehrson\";p=\"80776)</div>

4. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Never heard of that problem either. BUt I did have a used early Prius a few years ago that the AM didn't work,all else ok. After disconnecting the aftermarket CD changer in the trunk,all was back to normal. Hope your XM isn't causing your problem, :roll:

5. Hokie-Dave

Hokie-Dave Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I really don't see how the XM can be causing my problem. It's just like playing a tape. I'd think that after I was done listening to a tape the radio would return to the station I was last listening to. Oh well.

Thanks,

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rick57\";p=\"81005)</div>

6. Hokie-Dave

Hokie-Dave Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I found out the problem. I had the traffic button on, so when changing from tape to radio it was searching for the closest traffic station I think. After I turned it off, I can now switch from tape to radio and the radio will come back wherever I left it.

7. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    At least is was a simple fix, :wink: