1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'04-05 & '06 EV Switch Size Comparison

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by Areometer, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Areometer

Areometer Silver Business Sponsor

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    We got our 1st & only '06 EV Switch in finally. It is in shortage in Japan so if you have ordered one, please be patient. Besides, we still haven't found its matching EV Connector yet. We are working on it.

But you can see how much smaller the '06 version is.

Edward

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Great picture, Edward. I think a lot of the new '06 owners were wondering about the differences. Thanks!

3. Areometer

Areometer Silver Business Sponsor

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    To All,

We are thrilled & relieved to announce that we are finally ready to take orders for the '06 EV Switch Kit. Whether it's for '04-05 or '06, each kit now includes:

1x JDM EV Switch
    1x JDM EV Connector
    4x Pins for EV Connector
    1x Pin for ECU Connector (or you may retrieve the spare ones from behind the steering wheel)

Our 1st official shipment for the '06 EV Switch Kit arrives in 2-3 weeks. Thanks for your attention.

Edward

4. krainium

krainium Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    How hard is it to install the EV switch? Is there a place where the instructions are posted so I can see if this is something I can tackle myself? If anyone has put one of these in an 06, how easy or difficult was the task and how long does it take to complete?

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There's nothing technically "hard" about installing the switch, but if you are not comfortable pulling the dash partially apart, or not comfortable soldering, or not comfortable sticking a pin into the plug that goes into the most critical ECU in the car, then this might not be a project for you.

My original install instructions as well as 2 techniques for installing the factory EV button (like the one areometer sells) are here: http://priuschat.com/forums/kb.php?mode=cat&cat=6

6. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    BTW the pin is the hard part. :eek: