1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

04 Navigation system

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by cmwebb, Feb 13, 2010.

1. cmwebb

cmwebb New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have a 2004 Prius and I'm looking to upgrade my navigation, but still want to be able to use the factory installed system. Would the 2009 DVD upgrade still work on my 2004 system? OR what disc/version would I need if I wanted to find and cheaper version else where. The $350 price tag is very steep! Thanks for your help!!!

2. spitinuri

spitinuri Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

I'm not sure what model number you need. I also have an 04 with nav. Occasionally you can find the disk on ebay for about 1/3 of the price you pay at the dealer. Or you could buy a really good Garmin for $200 and then update the maps yearly for around $50.

3. Wolfie52

Wolfie52 Senior "Jr" Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Mine is an '04 and I have upgraded the Navigation DVD to the latest (2009) version. Don't pay full price at the dealer! I got mine on eBay; just make sure you get a GENERATION 4 version. Any other version will not work.

Just search for "gen 4 navigation DVD" and you should get many hits. Most that are for sale are versions from 04-05-06. Take a little time and be sure that you are getting a version from 07, 08, or 09. There are not that many differences in the map, except where I live they have added a lot of streets in the past few years and they show up on the 09 version.