1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

04 Prius- sell or keep?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by rm04, May 1, 2022.

1. rm04

rm04 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Advice on this forum is always appreciated as there is a plethora of Prius knowledge assembled here (as I do try to give back as much as possible from my small pool of info I have gathered through buying a 14 year old prius and having the cat stolen on it).

That out of the way, I've owned a 2004 prius since 2018. Bought a set of custom pvc Clazzio seat covers (approx $360). Went through heck diagnosing and fixing a water leak in the trunk. Went through the cat being stolen and the whole process with insurance. Now the rust from the underside is starting to peak its head out right under a passenger side door. Champagne color, paint looks virtually flawless save for a few dings. Now that I see the original hybrid battery is getting on in years (18 at this point), showing its age in reduced MPG and in obvious need of reconditioning/ replacement.

With the rust creeping it's way up, the noisy cheap replacement catalytic converter and the dying hybrid battery (coupled with the fact that I dont have access to a garage to do a multi-day reconditioning) I'm highly considering letting go of it and just going with another used non-hybrid toyota or honda (until the day when I can actually do a brand new hybrid or full EV). Any recommendations/ thoughts much appreciated

2. rm04

rm04 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Edit- sorry posted in wrong forum

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model: