1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

05 Headlight Replacement Question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by GregAZ, Sep 15, 2009.

1. GregAZ

GregAZ Junior Member

Friends,

Haven't posted in a while, because in the past four years I have been busy putting 120kMi on my 05 Prius. :car:

Running like a champ for the most part, but is starting to give me some trouble now that it is out of warranty (yes, I am implying a connection on purpose). Had to replace the water pump at around 110kMi, and now my Driver Side headlight is kaput. I found it with condensation on the inside, so it appears the seal deteriorated and took the HID bulb with it (mine is a Package 7).

The dealer is quoting me nearly $700 for housing, bulb and installation. My question to all the bright minds on this site is: Where can I get a better deal on this? I checked eBay and it appears I can buy housing and bulbs, but don't know if those are trusted sources. I am sure others have had a similar issue, and I'd like to hear about what you did to fix it. I had ALL of my servicing done at the dealer, but $700 for a headlight replacement seems extreme.

Would really appreciate some help here! Thank you in advance!

2. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Try Hybrid Auto Parts, 916-638-9111; they are located in Rancho Cordova near Sacramento, CA. I bought a like new leather steering wheel from them for cheap. They apparently have a ton of Prius cars in stock for parting out. Good luck.

3. GregAZ

GregAZ Junior Member

Called twice today with no answer. Will try again tomorrow.
    So, noone else had to deal with this? Or did everyone just use the dealer and pay $700+ to get the new headlight assembly, bulbs, etc?

4. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There fax is 916.638.9119. On 3/2/09 I bought my steering wheel from them. Good luck.

5. GregAZ

GregAZ Junior Member

Thanks, tried calling again today and sent a fax.

6. GregAZ

GregAZ Junior Member

Well, it appears that Hybrid Auto Parts is out of business. No local junk yard has this part, and I can't find any on eBay. Is it really true that these are so hard to find? Anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thank you!