1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'05 Looking for Integrated Sirius Solution

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by LOLGuy, Jan 2, 2009.

1. LOLGuy

LOLGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I've been searching the site for a couple of hours and am thoroughly confused. While I've had Sirius Starbase installed in my '05 for almost four years, it's just about given up the ghost. Keeps cutting out and stating acquiring signal but never finds one in spite of the signal meter showing strong levels. Googled that problem without a solution.

As there now seem to be several integrated solutions, I'd rather go that route if the Starbase can't be remedied.

I have the JBL w/ nav and would be appreciative of some direction.

Thanks and happy new year.

John

2. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

3. butchbs1985

butchbs1985 Taking things apart is fun!

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I second the Terk device. Mine's hooked up to XM though (not that it makes much difference anymore).

The equipment is all hidden and works great!

4. LOLGuy

LOLGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks for the suggestions. For what it's worth, I went with the Sirius SC-C1 and Toy-SC1 solution. Ordered last evening from Amazon and hope to receive and install this week. Supposedly 16 characters on the output. My Starbase served me well. Adios, old friend.

Fingers crossed all goes well.

5. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    sirius also sells a dock that can connect to the toyota interface, for connecting a starmate too.