1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

05 prius no start

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by HASKINSLIFE, May 10, 2011.

1. HASKINSLIFE

HASKINSLIFE New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 05 Prius.No acceleration or movement, It acted like the emergency brake was on.Now the ready light will not come on or start. Any suggestions?

2. Hybrid RR

Hybrid RR Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've had the same with my 2005 a few weeks ago, the small 12V battery got empty (the car uses this battery only for starting), it gets empty if a light or something is left on. I didn't know how to jump start the car so I called the free Toyota service (in Europe), they charged it and the car has been fine ever since.

I think you can also jump start it with another car, there should be connecting points under the hood, I guess you can find this in the manual.

3. epoch_time

epoch_time Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If all the normal dash warning lights light up the 12 volt battery is probably ok. Perhaps It could be a problem with brake pedal switch.As you have to depress brake pedal and press start switch to get to ready mode. Can some one stand behind car as see if brake lights are working indicating a good brake switch?

4. Valerie Cali

Valerie Cali New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    May not be your solution, but when I thought my battery was dead, it turned out to be my key fob needing a new battery and will purchase a new case for my fob.

5. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Odds are great that the 12 V battery has failed.