1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

05 prius w/200,000 miles. My car has been well maintained and in good shape but recently the dash h

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Sue Fast, Oct 17, 2023.

1. Sue Fast

Sue Fast Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    05 with 200,000. Good shape overall but recently lights illuminated without red triangle and idol is rough along with the feeling of resistance upon acceleration. I'm thinking egr valve needs replaced.
    Can anyone tell me the difference in a bad egr compared to pcv valve would be?
    And, this may be a dumb question ...lol....does the prius have idol air control valve?

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    No that would probably be your throttle body or internal to it and it's a sealed unit check your MAF sensor inside of the air cleaner but unscrew it take it out and clean it well You can use a q-tip there are parts inside the tubes that need to get cleaned Make sure you clean it well or replace it but if you do get a real one some of the fake ones are iffy You have to be able to look at them and well I guess tell there may be a test with a voltmeter but I don't know exactly what that would be have the voltmeter and test meter but don't know how to check the MAF with it that I know of. Usually mine starts acting up this on the first things I do is clean the MAF make sure the air filter's good not stopped up with leaves and nonsense and look in the throttle body if it's starting to get dirty clean it and then the last time you put in plugs and what did you put in can make a difference in longevity The densos seem to do the best I'm using the TT series plugs from them now.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    no egr on gen 2