1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

06-07 EV Mode Button Connector Pins?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by ericprius, Aug 15, 2007.

1. ericprius

ericprius Junior Member

Does anyone know where can I find/buy the connector pins (crimp-on) for the EV Mode button plug? I know the plug is made by Amphenol, but I can't seem to find any information on these pins or where to buy them (I guess my Google-Fu is not strong! :)

I should note, that the pins for the 06-07 button are different than the button for the 04-05.

Thanks!

2. jstack

jstack New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    I
  3. sparkyAZ

sparkyAZ übergeek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    If you are referring to pins for the ECU side, there are extra pins in the turn signal stalk harness that will work. It takes about 10 minutes to take off the lower cover from the steering column to get to the connector, then pop out one of the extra pins with a jeweler's screwdriver. See the posts for the EV button mod.

For the EV button connector itself, I used Molex/Waldom 0.156" header pins p/n:08-52-0072 or equivalent. While not exact, they are close enough to work (they protrude from the front of the connector housing a bit) on the '05 connector. You can probably harvest some from a dead AT computer power supply cable if you have such junque laying around.