1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

06 #7 On the lot. - Bought it!

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by unruhly, Feb 2, 2006.

1. unruhly

unruhly New Member

I've had my name on a #6 Seaside that's on a ship somewhere but told my dealer to keep an eye out for a black one. Haven't heard from him since.

I got bored at lunch and decided to surf other dealers in the area and came across a black (my preffered color) one. It's a package #7 but they MADE A DEAL. They came way down from sticker to where it didn't make any sense to wait for a color I wasn't too crazy about anyway! Plus it's got NAV.

In a couple of hours, I should have my new PRIUS! :lol:

Guess I need to change my sig.

I called the original dealer to get my deposit back and he told me "I was just gonna call you". He said my Prius has hit ground.

Anyone interested in a #6 Seaside Pearl with Dk Grey interior?

2. unruhly

unruhly New Member

Everything went smooth as silk. Dealer was GREAT, not pushy!

They did offer the warranty at an ok price, and the Toyo Guard Protection which I declined.

They also have some others on the lot. Unfortunately it was dark and raining so I didn't get the specs on them. I saw a silver/Grey and a Driftwood/Tan.

Aynway, I knew there was a reason I didn't want NAV. The thing kept telling me to turn around and go back. :eek: Someone had programmed in the dealership!

I finally figured out how to turn the voice prompts off, whew not an easy feat when it's pitch black, raining, and big rigs all around you, :unsure: but after that it was a blast to drive the rest of the way home.

Many thanks to all of you who have helped me to learn about this car.
    My MPG is currently at 48.3! Yahoo!

3. CurryBob

CurryBob New Member

unruhly

That's funny, :D did it keep telling you to make a legal U turn in X number of feet. Mine did that until I figured the stuff out. Love the car

4. CurryBob

CurryBob New Member

forgot, here is a photo of my White #8 package. I pin striped it and added the body side molding.

5. unruhly

unruhly New Member

Yup it did! And boy is she annoying or what? She's freakin' relentless.
    I'm doin almost 80 MPH on Interstate 81 ( a major truck route) and she's tellin me "Make a legal U-Turn. Yea Right, I don't think so.

I like your pin stripes. They look real good! How much did the moldings set you back? Are you gonna get the windows tinted? That would look awesome.

6. EricGo

EricGo New Member

lol.
    In the beginning I would drive against nav lady's advice just for the entertainment value to see how long it took her to come up with a new route.

I'm curious how much the dealer took off msrp, if you care to tell.

7. unruhly

unruhly New Member

I'm at the point now where I'm comfortable in the car and I'm starting to "play" with NAV. I figured I was the only one that was warped enough to try to piss off the NAV lady by making turns against her wishes. I'm truly trying to pay her back for aggravating me when I first got the car! :angry:

I don't feel comfortable putting my "Deal" out publicy. I'll send you a personal message to let you know about it.

8. Judyg

Judyg New Member

Yeah, but unfortunately not one 3000 miles from me :eek:

9. CurryBob

CurryBob New Member

Paid $115 for the molding. I don't want the tinted windows because it makes it hard for me to see out at night.

10. rposton

rposton Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Don't worry Central VA, your MPG will drop with the ambient air thermomentor. :)

When I got my car last Jan, (I live in Nashville, TN), weather was warm. I saw mid 50s for mpg. Wrote to all my relatives about saving gas. Then the temperature dropped. When we were haveing teens and 20s, even bundled up without the heat on in the car, my MPG dropped to the mid to upper 30s. Mealting ice off of mirrors and windows didn't help with that either. Anyway, when I heard the ICE come on and run, while nearly stopped and without cabin heat, even with the battery bars in the green, I guessed that the ICE was trying to warm something other than me. Oh, and my releatives got a break from my rentless e-mails.

Yesterday it was up in the mid 60s, and I did 200 miles, mixed 71mph I-40 driving, and up and down the hills on a bunch of rural, country roads at posted limits. When I got home, the mpg average was at 58.6.

Don't know, but I would guess that my Camry and my Prius would get about the same MPG if it were to drop into the single digits.

I still love the Prius. So smooth, so quiet. My experiences mentioned above has diriven me to places on Priuschat.com to learn how it all works, and so, everytime I think I have something figured out, I learn how little I really know. Last night I was trying to grasp that gear set that makes up the Prius's transmission.

11. rposton

rposton Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Where did you get that body side molding? I tried to get that done on mine, but the dealer said that it was not available.

I did get the paint-coating-whatever it is called. I still want the invisible bra. The other day with my wife at my side, we noticed a strange looking scratch, kind of like a big X with s circle, in the metal bend/valley area on the lower part of the passenger door, with straight scratch pieces going all the way to the front and rear bumpers. It was like "AHHHHH!!" The guy I pay to hand wash the car when it gets dirty, was amazingly, able to rub out all but that wierd design on the door.

The part of the scratch from the door to the rear bumper looked like the kind that brush makes. The part at the front bumper, looked like the kind that another vehicle rubbing against your car makes. I have been so careful to stay away from brush, and to park on the outer edge of parking lots and walk. Anyway, I got to wondering if they make a spray on bra type of thing for the doors and side of the car too.