1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

06 and ipod

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Paul R. Haller, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Paul R. Haller

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey all you audio files,
    I purchased a Griffin ipod charger and use it with my aux input to listen to my tunes on my ipod and keep it charged. The problem is that there is a large amount of high frequency hum whenever the charger is plugged in and the ipod is playing through the aux jack. If you rotate the volume control the hum disappears until the back light on the ipod goes out, then the hum is back. If I unplug the charger all hum goes away.<_<

I called Griffin and they said it could be a ground loop and I need a ground loop isolator. I feel that their power supply is crap and to top it off they say I need to spend more money to fix their noisy or inadequately shielded power adapter but what do I know... Thats why I'm asking you guys.

Should I buy a different power adapter, or an isolator, or both? any ideas? Some of my friends at the e shop here at Cal gave me a ferrite bead to wrap the wire from the power adapter to the ipod to see if that helps but it does nothing. :blink: :unsure:
    -Paul R. Haller-