1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'06 Aux Input w/ iPod

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by flynz4, Dec 27, 2005.

1. flynz4

flynz4 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I attached an iPod to our '06 Prius yesterday, and decided that I would like a better solution. If you connect the iPod dock connector to the power plug... and the iPod headphone output to the Aux connector... it leaves you with connectors coming from both the top and bottom of the iPod and it is clumsy.

Does anyone know of a cable that connects to the iPod dock connector on one end... and then spits at the other end with a minijack and a power adapter plug?

/Jim

2. AlphaTeam

AlphaTeam Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  3. flynz4

flynz4 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I don't have my Prius or manual with me right now so I will ask a simple question.

Does the aux power port shut down when the Prius is switched to off?

/Jim

4. iluvmacs

iluvmacs Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    A good option is to get a PocketDock Line Out + FireWire and then find a cig. lighter-to-FireWire power adapter (easily found). This will provide a nice simple connection from the dock connector, and it will also use the line-out port (instead of the variable-volume headphones port) for proper signal level.

Check out the PocketDock line at http://www.sendstation.com/. Although pricey, I am pleased with mine.