1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'06 B red is ready

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tanteb & rgrpick, Apr 27, 2006.

1. tanteb & rgrpick

tanteb & rgrpick New Member

Hubby, who teaches during the day, is finishing his Masters at night and has a final this evening so we have to wait yet another day, sob, to pick up our baby. Sigh. We started researching last year but had to wait as our household did military to teaching career change preparation and unemployment, so you'd think one more day, big deal, lol. I know, I just can't wait to put what I've read here into application, and I can't wait to add one more factor to our energy/environmental conservation practices....I know they aren't much in the big scheme of things but they make me feel better.

Thank y'all for the wonderful info here.

2. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    So close, yet so far! :)

My Prius was supposed to arrive 'in one of the February or March allocations' according to my dealer. My husband and I went on a vacation that we had had planned for several months and left town on Feb 1. We got the call 2 days into our vacation that my Prius was here. Didn't get home for several days thereafter, and picked the car up on Feb 8. That was a looooong week, I must say!

3. Redblue88

Redblue88 New Member

Five hours, forty mintues until I pick up mine (but who's counting?)

4. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

Welcome to PC, both of you, and congratulations! OP, mind if we call you "t&r"? :)

You'll enjoy getting your cars more now that the weather's breaking than if you'd gotten them in Jan. No MPGs in the 30s---you may start off near 50!

Come back and tell us what you think...

t&r: "diminishing oil dependency one car at a time"...

5. tanteb & rgrpick

Welcome to PC, both of you, and congratulations! OP, mind if we call you "t&r"?
    Sounds good, t&r it will be.
    We had a hard time coming up with a screen name--we were punchy with anticipation and all that hubs could think of were take offs on prius envy.

Thanks to each of you for responses, I think I sounded so smug and prissy in my OP I'm almost surprised anyone replied. <BG>.

t&r

6. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tanteb & rgrpick @ Apr 27 2006, 02:09 PM) [snapback]246283[/snapback]</div>
    Awright, now you've got my curiosity up---about your screen name. Mebbe I'm dense, but could you explain how those names are a takeoff on Prius envy? If it's not something you want to explain on the forum, would you PM me?

Your post was anything but smug or prissy. You sounded "natural" and interesting. Would like to hear more about the career switch. (And congrats on the Masters.) We have threads in Fred's House of Pancakes for more personal and political stuff. Some of us are gut-spillers, some not, as you wish.

7. tanteb & rgrpick

Awright, now you've got my curiosity up---about your screen name. Mebbe I'm dense, but could you explain how those names are a takeoff on Prius envy?

Ooooooops, I deleted an important part, re: screen name selection. What I chose was last resort and not much fun. What hubby came up with, the ones that related to Prius envy :D , we DID NOT use. Sorry, I need to edit better.

8. Redblue88

Redblue88 New Member

Thanks for the welcome. I'm shocked I haven't seen any "Prius Envy" merchandise. Maybe your hubby can get something started.

Made my first commute this morning. 100 miles at 75 mph...40+ mph without increasing the tire pressure (will put it at 40/38 when I get the chance). It would have been better, but traffic was light so speeds were high. I can't wait for the tires to break in!