1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

06 barcelona red pics

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by galaxee, Dec 17, 2005.

1. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    these may not do the car justice since it was a pretty cloudy day and i took these pictures with my cell phone. the car reminded me of a candied-apple red, very bright and appealing. but i'll still take my black B)

this was the first 06 i've gotten my hands on. nice, but again, i'll still take the one i have. i was disappointed to see you couldn't select the background color on the MFD anymore and the texturing on the dash seemed wrong after having a smooth dash for 9 months.

still very nice. i loved the chrome bar in the grille. [edit: that's right, i did get a picture of that... duh... dh got the key and we backed it up a bit to get a shot]

[attachmentid=1460]

[attachmentid=1461]

2. roach52osu

roach52osu New Member

I realy have to see one of these in person before I get my call... Half the pictures look realy nice the other half dont... Ahhhh what to do if I am called and it is this color, if it looks like it does in your pics I think I will have to say yes :)

Thanks for the pics!

3. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    in person it's a brighter red. the clouds really didn't help, but i had to do it today before it got through detail! if i have a chance and dh says they have another, i'll try to bring the real camera and do it on a sunny day.

4. roach52osu

roach52osu New Member

Perhaps it is the clouds giving it the darker tint that is more appealing to me. I keep driving by the dealership I ordered from to see if they have any in to be picked up... Looking to see the new red and pine mica in person (I hated pine mica on the Avalon, but might like it on the Prius)... Ah I have plenty of time to catch one in person since I am being told that my delivery date may still be up to 3 months off <sigh>

5. rg3design.com

rg3design.com Junior Member

Looks great! I love how rich and deep the color looks.

6. deh2k

deh2k New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I saw one a few days ago at the dealer when I was getting my SCC-50P done. Candied-apple red was my thought at the time too. It was very sporty looking. If you like red cars you'll love this color.

7. HokieHybrid

HokieHybrid New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I dragged my dad out today to the Toyota dealer near my apartment while my sister was taking her time getting ready for brunch. We saw the old (Salsa) and new (Barcelona) reds sitting next to each other.

As I bleed maroon and orange, (Go Hokies!) I was hoping the new color would be even more maroon than the Salsa was. But the Barcelona is definitely more red. I would refer to it as candy apple or fire engine red. Now I'm torn...the color I want...or the new updates??

8. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Salsa is in foreground.
    The Barcelona is definitely oranger in coloring.

[attachmentid=1487]

[attachmentid=1488]

9. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I appreciate seeing these pictures because the first week of January I will be owning one of these Red 2006 beauties. Any more pictures? :)

10. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    ooh, GREAT shots Patrick!

that's the best yet- a side by side of salsa and barcelona.

11. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I saw the Barcelona Red Prius today and was fully prepared not to like it. Boy, was I wrong. I'm not a red car kinda guy, but this red is really nice. The day was cloudy so it appeared darker than it would in the sun but there was another brighter red Toyota a few cars away for contrast.

It isn't the bright, chalky red that I had imagined, but rather a deep full, satisifing red. (Sounds like a description of wine :p )

If anyone is half inclinded toward red, they will love Barcelona.

12. minime

minime New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'll be picking up an 2006 Barcelona Red on Jan 2, 2006 and I went to look at it at the dealers a few days ago.

First thing I noticed is that the photos on this site and the ones I took seem to me to come out a more brighter red than in real life but the color is definitely brighter than the old Salsa Red.

13. Beetwo

Beetwo New Member

omg that color is wonderful!

14. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Not that show the contrast between the reds . . . but I did take one of the new headlight (HID) - specifically a close-up of the row of what looks like LEDs. I'm not sure what they are, as you can see turn signal coloring through them.

[attachmentid=1491]

15. nottagasguzzler

nottagasguzzler New Member

Yeah, the Barcelona Red is pretty sweet and so nice to drive. I just got the full clear bra package put on today so I can drive without fear of a paint ding.

The photos were taken tonight...dark and raining cats and dogs. The darker picture is more accurate for the color. Yep, the apple of my eye!

Attached Files:

16. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Did someone say wine?

17. StarBrite310

StarBrite310 ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Anyone have anymore pictures of the red? Pleeeease :D

18. HyDee

HyDee New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Im going to pick mine up on Sunday :)
    will take pics and post!

19. Technogeek

Technogeek New Member

Oooh, wow that is a gorgeous color! Kudos to everyone who ordered a new red 2006! B)

20. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks! I can't stand the wait!.... torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture,torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture,torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture,torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture, torture,... HELP!.. I can't stand it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!