1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

06 EV mode behavior w/ Coastal mod?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by crichman, Apr 14, 2006.

1. crichman

crichman Junior Member

The install wasn't particularly difficult... even if I did it 3 times because the behavior I got wasn't exactly what I was expecting.

Once it's warmed up I see exactly the behavior I expect (including my own grins.)

I'm perplexed by startup issues, though. I had understood that I would be able to avoid the initial ICE start by triggering the EV mode promptly, but haven't been able to do so. Is the 2006 behavior different, or is there something else I'm missing?

2. unruhly

unruhly New Member

There is no indication of "Entering EV Mode" so this is somewhat confusing.

Watch your MFD screen and as soon as the intro screen fades away and the regular (probably Consumption) screen comes up, pull the stalk for EV. As a minimum, you have to wait for the two beeps before attempting. Once the ICE fires, there is no way to enter EV until it has gone through a complete warmup cycle.

3. crichman

crichman Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(unruhly @ Apr 14 2006, 01:17 PM) [snapback]239758[/snapback]</div>
    Yup, that's what got me initially.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(unruhly @ Apr 14 2006, 01:17 PM) [snapback]239758[/snapback]</div>
    What two beeps? I must not be paying attention, and may have assumed that I was hearing seatbelt chimes as I was getting buckled in.

4. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I pull back on the cruise control stalk just when the intro screen first shows on the MFD (make sure the "ready" indicator is on). In that case, it comes up in EV mode and the screen shown is consumption, not the energy screen. If I wait for the consumption screen to show, it seems like the engine comes on before I can get it into EV mode. Confused me as well at first. I now use it all the time for moving the car into and out of the garage for washing it, etc.

- Tom

5. crichman

crichman Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom_06 @ Apr 14 2006, 01:53 PM) [snapback]239775[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks -- that was what I needed to hear.

Way cool.

Charlie