1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

06 info called toyota

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by IMHYBRID, Nov 4, 2005.

1. IMHYBRID

IMHYBRID New Member

My wife and I are #2 on the 06 waiting list. The dealer called us 11/3/05 to ask us if we had a preference on what 06 prius we wanted. I ask if he had a brochure on the 06 or a price list, he only had maybe not sure yet. So after searching the web and not finding sh** we desided to call toyota at 1-800-331-4331. They referred me back to my dealer. I ask the lady why she could not get me any info she said they didn't have any definite info she could get. I can't believe toyota is selling cars, no prices no brochures maybe heaters maybe no heated seats no color examples but whats your preference!!!! Toyota get your sh** together!!!!!! I want to order my prius!!!!! What does Barcelona Red look like!!!!! How hard would it be to put 06 info on there web site so we can make intelligent informed decisions about purchasing a new car. If anyone has definite information about 06 prius please help!!!!! Happy owners of "Baby" 04white #6 with cd changer picked up 10/24/03 has 34864 miles oh got to go now, must change my oil (mobil 1). :angry: :blink:

2. TimBikes

TimBikes New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well put.

3. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    :p

My oh my, tension is building a bit, eh?

I say go back to '01 online-only ordering!

4. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Have any '06's been delivered yet? I want to know what version of the NAV disk they have, so I make sure I ask for the absolute latest version for my free update.

What I get may not be the absolute latest, but I want to ask for what I want...

5. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

what part of the "06 Prius isn't released yet" don't you understand.

6. Maytrix

Maytrix Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Exactly. Just because typical practice is for next years cars to be released 3-4 months before the new year, doesn't mean that always has to be the case.

The 05's are out now and are extremely popular. I would imagine they don't have a separate production line all set up for the 06's, rather then stop making 05's and switch to the 06. Maybe there's a simple answer. They've had such demand for the 05's, they're filling those orders before they'll start on the 06?

If you are so eager to get one, you might have better luck getting an 05.

7. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

i don't know, while i agree that it's not released, and we've got to sit tight, i don't think Toyota should be actively trying to get customers to be decisive when theres no real data to make a decision on. they really are handling this rollout strangely, at least from my perspective

8. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

As of now, the latest NAV version is 5.1, which just came out. Now whether you (and I) get that one for your (and my) free update, is a guess.

9. hockeybrat

hockeybrat Member

I was at the Seattle Car Show last night and the 2006 brochures show the Prius with the same color combos and info as the 2005. Are we certain that there will be changes for the upcoming year?

As an aside, I did see the Tideland Prius up close and I LOVE :wub: that color!

10. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    "Out now" is what the Service Rep said to me a few weeks ago. I just figured somebody had one by now, somewhere...

11. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I recall the other thread on this. However, 5.2 (or whatever) could have snuck in for the new cars and I didn't want to miss it if it was there...

12. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The lack of info from Toyota isn't exactly a new thing when it comes to the high-demand, low-supply Prius. The same thing happened last year during the '04-'05 changeover.

I suspect that the demand is not only outpacing the production abilities of Toyota, but it is also outpacing their other departments, such as marketing and publications. HQ doesn't have any formalized info to release, so the dealers are left in the dark, and consequently so are you. When I took delivery of one of the first '05s to roll into the area, the dealer didn't receive any info on package changes or new pricing until the invoice rolled off of the truck with the vehicle.

I suppose it's a somewhat unique/new problem that Toyota just hasn't figured out how to solve yet. The mindset could be, "Well, they ordered the car, they must either have a good idea of what they're buying or they just don't care." They know the Prius will sell regardless of the availability of information - that's been proven in years past - so it isn't necessarily a priority to produce those materials when Toyota knows they have other products/models that won't sell without brochures, etc.

That's just my guess.

13. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Except that there weren't any big changes between 04 and 05. Same colors, somewhat different packages but no new features. I think the addition of the rear camera, package contents and the color changes are well known to Toyota corporate and they would be doing themselves a favor by getting that info out. The 2006 U.S. tax credit does Toyota no favors for selling the 2005s between now and Jan 1 (if there are any left then). Why not let people figure out what they want to order? They know they will have to wait for delivery, and they WANT to wait until Jan '06 anyway. No one is asking them to put out a big ad campaign to bring in the sales (that will come anyway), just let people who WANT to ask get the info.

There is some built up resentment in people having to wait until the cars show up at the dealerships before there is hard detail on the packages, options, etc. Should someone come up with a direct competitor but actually let people know what is available and order what they WANT, this lack of info, especially so close to release, could come back to bite Toyota in the future.

14. sfoeyl

sfoeyl New Member

the latest annoucement is that the base MSRP for the 2006 Prius will be $21,725, an increase of $450, or 2.1 percent and that delivery will be mid November

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/051104/laf062.html?.v=20

Can't believe that the dealership doesn't have brochures for the 2006 model-- poor marketing ;)

15. Frank Hudon

yup typical salesman lie thru their teeth to make a sale. No clue at all. Pump you up and drop you like a stone. sorry.

16. IMHYBRID

IMHYBRID New Member

I agree it just might bite them someday

17. Frank Hudon

my guess for the release date, 28 of November

18. IMHYBRID

IMHYBRID New Member

is the 28th when they will start manufacturing the 06 model?

19. DeborahinSeattle

DeborahinSeattle New Member

HOCKEYBRAT, You ACTUALLY saw a 2006 brochure? Wow! Strange that the color combos should be the same because according to information I've gathered here at Priuschat, there are actually several changes in colors. I'd love to see that brochure. I guess I'll have to wait until the dealers get them. Amazing that the dealers seem to know less than the Priuschat members (or claim to).

Do you already own a Prius? If so where did you buy? I've put a deposit down with Burien Toyota and I'm on the waitlist at Toyota of Seattle. I want a 2006, #3, in Red, maybe with leather seats, after January 1st, 2006. I'm dying to hear other people's buying experience here in the Seattle area. Thanks.

20. hockeybrat

hockeybrat Member

I got it (the brochure) last night at the car show in Seattle. I was expecting to see new color and combos based on what I have read. What I actually said was that I wanted to see actual color swatches of magnetic grey and she showed me the brochure. It still showed Tideland Pearl as one of the colors even though it was a 2006 brochure (there was a pic of the new Rav4 inside the front cover).

No, I don't own one yet, but that is definitely my next car. How is Burien? A friend of my husband bought a Sienna recently at Michaels in Bellevue and he doesn't recommend them.