1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

06 Interior Light Gray, or Dark Gray?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Vincent, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The 06 Prius gray interiors are advertised by Toyota as "Dark Gray Cloth" and "Dark Gray Leather" and early (October and November) press and Japan sightings reported that the Gray interior was definitely darker. The colors shown on the toyota.com website are nearly black.

But, the 06 gray leather interiors photos posted on this site by our loyal members show the gray leather interior about the same color as the 05 port installed leather packages I've seen (no gray cloth photos have been posted yet). Also, no package 8's have shown up at the Southeast Port in Jacksonville yet. All of the SE Port Prius with gray interiors are marked "Light Charcoal Cloth".

Is the 06 gray really darker, or are we misinformed by Toyoya again? Is it possible Toyota is letting the Ports burn through their light gray leather kits for the initial package 8's before the factory starts shipping package 8's with dark gray leather? Will there be two different gray interiors (Light Charcoal and Dark Gray) for 2006? Is the 06 gray cloth the same color as the 06 gray leather posted on this site?

My dealer is clueless. Actually, less that clueless, depending on who you ask. My salesperson said the gray is the same color as last year, his manager said it's definitely much darker.

PriusChat has been my best source of accurate information; does anyone here know what's going on with the 06 interior colors?

2. XLR8

XLR8 New Member

Kinda interesting Vincent,

My dealer called the other day to let me know that my car will be in on or around the 21st of this month. He said that it would have a light gray (fabric). He said the "code" he showed was "LE11" (I believe that to be correct) and that that code was a light gray fabric according to his book.

Well, I believe that the "codes" must have changed without letting the dealer here know (they are too often in the dark and do get valuable info from us because of PC! :rolleyes: ) because Toyota's site clearly shows only two colors 06.

Just my belief (and maybe I'm wrong and so is Toyata's site) and....I really don't "want" light gray with a silver car.

This probably doesn't help you much but I can add that there is a bit of confusion on this.

Aaron

3. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    There is a parallel thread to this...

I, too (as did a poster on the other thread), saw my first '06 yesterday, the new classic silver with grey interior.

The grey is very dark, much darker than the grey in my '04. It looks very close to the way the grey on toyota.com shows up on my monitor. It is borderline too dark for my taste.

4. Vincent

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Different Color Gray For Fabric and Leather?

Jack 06, was the "dark" gray you saw fabric or leather? The pictures of the 06 with light gray interior were leather. Maybe Toyota is planning different grays for fabric and leather; strange?

5. Vincent

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
  6. jpeachman

jpeachman Junior Member

I test drove an '06 with gray cloth interior earlier this week. It was already after dark when I got there, so I didn't see it in sunlight, but my impression was that the gray was quite light. I had been concerned that the new gray was going to be too dark, but that wasn't the case at all. I felt it resembled the member-posted pictures here (as they appear on my system, anyway) much more than what I see on the Toyota site.

Joe

7. comtech5

comtech5 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    This possibility has already been discussed in numerous threads and the consensus is that it is quite "likely". The SE distributorship is privately owned and it makes sense that they would want to continue to stick that "leather option" money in their own pockets rather than Toyota's. So it's possible that the SE region would be allocated Pkg 7's (presumably by request), perform the retro-fit and then re-print the Mulroney sticker as a Pkg 8. Ostensibly legal. Just a theory mind you, but I guess we'll find out the truth sooner than later.

8. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hopefully your dealer can stall for a few days to get your credit..... if not, you can stall by dickering over colors that don't look like what you expect.

9. XLR8

XLR8 New Member

Thanks windstrings.

My car will be held by the dealer till I get back from our Colorado vacation.

Scheduled deal for the 2nd of January, 2006.

Just really interesting on the color of the fabric though.

However it works out (lighter gray or darker gray interior), I'll be happy with the Prius for sure. It really should be the dark gray according to all of the info gathered.

Aaron