1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

06 leather descrip vs. delivery

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by stealthgirl, Dec 20, 2005.

1. stealthgirl

stealthgirl New Member

Hi all,

I plan to buy an 06 with package 8. After reviewing the posts on the forum, I am concerned that it will not arrive with the leather package shown on the site. I want the silver exterior and dark gray leather.

I saw another post that mentioned the gray leather is a light gray, not the dark gray shown on the Toyota site. If I wait do you think I wll get the darker leather?

Also, my local dealership (Piercy) showed me an 06 with beige leather that did not have a leather steering wheel. The dealer told me that is the way they are coming from the factory. In another post, the poster referred to port installed leather and noted that meant no leather steering wheel.

And, just one more final question: I've never bought a car from a dealership before. I have always purchased used from private seller. What should I look for when selecting the dealership from which to order? The price is the same at all I've checked.

Tracy Toyota said I could get the car in 4-6 weeks and Piercy quoted 2-3 months and said Tracy was lying when they said 4-6 weeks.

Stealthgirl
    San Jose, CA

2. ThunderJon

ThunderJon New Member

I doubt tracy is lying, I saw some posters placed orders in Nov and got theirs a couple weeks ago.

Trade off is you gonna have to pay their tax rate and not Santa Clara, plus if u buy in SJ u can get the free parking in SJ permit. Of course I bought from Sunnyvale, longer wait, but my pk#8 is gonna be $700 under MSRP.

3. stealthgirl

stealthgirl New Member

Do you have to buy in SJ to qualify for the parking sticker? I am a San Jose resident.

4. Lane

Lane New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Of course I bought from Sunnyvale, longer wait, but my pk#8 is gonna be $700 under MSRP.
    [snapback]176360[/snapback]​
    [/quote]
    I didn't think any dealerships were selling any model Prius for less than MSRP.
    How did you get Sunnyvale to go 700 below MSRP?

5. ThunderJon

ThunderJon New Member

I didn't think any dealerships were selling any model Prius for less than MSRP.
    How did you get Sunnyvale to go 700 below MSRP?
    [snapback]176438[/snapback]​
    [/quote]

Stealth: You have to buy from an SJ dealer. But they are all at MSRP. I wouldn't use hundreds in downtown parking.

Lane: The standard discount at Sunnyvale is $350 under MSRP for packages 7,8. I get double discount, Google employee.

6. flynz4

flynz4 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Stealthgirl,

Personally, I hope that the gray leather is lighter as shown on this post. The picture on the Toyota website looked too dark for my taste. I'll live with it either way, but I prefer lighter.

/Jim

7. bbianchi

bbianchi New Member

My 06 PKG 8 has the Grey leather interior. It is a light grey and the wheel is leather wrapped as well. If you have some sort of color wheel you can point me towards I can take a picture with my digital camera up against it or just the leather itself. The color wheel would just give you an idea.

If you look at this picture, the most lighted areas are the closest to the actual color I can point you to at this time. The darker ones are just less than normal light and not the actual color.

[Broken External Image]:http://www.toyota.com/images/vehicles/2006/prius/gallery/interior/photo_5.jpg

8. notsure

notsure New Member

The dealer sent me pictures of my new car to be, driftwood pearl with leather, the steering wheel appears to be leather wrapped, but with black leather.

9. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    LOL! Of course it's going to be black leather!

Waddaya think it is? A 1974 orange Eldorado!

10. notsure

notsure New Member

I prefer black leather, the poster above said the steering wheel was not leather.

My cad had cream leather cover, hard to keep clean.