1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'06 Magnetic Grey pkg #8

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by ilusnforc, May 7, 2006.

1. ilusnforc

ilusnforc Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Estimated delivery date was the end of May or June 5 at the latest. Got a phone call from my salesman while I was out to lunch on 5/5/06 and he said, "Are you sitting down? Your Prius is here, well that's what it says here anyway, I'll go out and check and I'll call you right back and let you know." So I get a call back and "Wow, I've never seen one with leather before..." and I was going nuts by then. Drove up there this morning and picked it up. They said they had another Magnetic Grey come in about 2 weeks ago, about a pkg #6 or so. Anyway, I've spent all afternoon playing with it trying to figure everything out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ErikU

ErikU New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congrats!!!!! Now I am wishing that the same will happen to me! :) Enjoy your new set of wheels!!!

By the way.....it looks great!!

3. monkeypox

monkeypox New Member

I ordered mine about 2 weeks ago, the same color and pkg number and I also added XM to it... Dealer said it should be here by May 23- June 5th :-( . How do u like the color? and does urs have the Auto rearview mirror?
    Enjoy the ride ;)
    Monks

4. ilusnforc

ilusnforc Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What do you mean by Auto mirror? It should have everything... it does have the auto-dimming rear view mirrow and the backup camera. I love the color though! I can't remember the exact date when I ordered it but I think it was about two months ago (beginning of March)?

5. uclabruins

uclabruins Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ilusnforc @ May 7 2006, 06:28 AM) [snapback]251046[/snapback]</div>
    What city/dealer did you buy your prius?

6. ilusnforc

ilusnforc Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Purchased from Menlove Toyota in Bountiful, UT.

I would certainly NOT recommend Carl Malone Toyota at the Auto Mall in Sandy, UT, they just play games with you.

I would recommend Brent Brown Toyota in Provo, very nice people, very straight forward, although I did not buy from them because they were solid on MSRP and would not budge.

I can however recommend Menlove Toyota in Bountiful. The original salesman I spoke with was not very satisfying, he did not return phone calls, etc, so a different salesman took over. From then on it was very smooth, we worked out a price over the phone, he took my credit card info and placed a $500 deposit and my order was in that day. I got a phone call amost a month ahead of his ETA saying my Prius had arrived! If you choose to buy from Menlove Toyota I would recommend talking to Sean Smith, I did not even meet him until I was there to pick up my Prius yesterday.

7. monkeypox

monkeypox New Member

OK,
    Got it on the mirror! When you bought urs did they charge ya full sticker price?
    Tks
    Monks

8. ilusnforc

ilusnforc Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I negotiated the price before I officially placed the order (before the $500 deposit). They actually talked me into $500 over invoice, which they calculated to $27,3xx including what it came with (floor mats and rear bumper applique). Then they even proceeded to reduce that by $400 for college grad rebate for financing through Toyota Financial which ended in March when I placed the order.

9. monkeypox

monkeypox New Member

Yea,
    They are getting me for MSRP like the dude said they could charge what they want...
    Thanks for the info!
    Monks