1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'06 Nav Screen View- Same as 06 Lexus IS?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by willys, Oct 8, 2005.

1. willys

willys Junior Member

Sounds like the 2006's Prius' are arriving now and I am waiting for the end of the year before I wonder in for my warranty NAV disk replacement . This is available 'till 12/31/2005 under a Toyota warranty campaign when people complained bitterly about content on disk.
    Don't forget to take advantage of this opportunity to update your NAV ( but may be only available to 2004 MY)

I had opportunity to see a 2006 Lexus IS with NAV and believe the version is .05

The thing is ....it looks so brighter and "up to date " looking than the Prius and got me to wondering: Will NAV DVD's from Lexus work and function in a Prii???

When someone get's their '06 Prius - please post your observations concerning '05 vs. '06 for now .

But if anyone buys a new 2006 Lexus IS 250 in LA - Id'love to get together and compare notes :D

2. willys

willys Junior Member

Go to the car show at the Anaheim Convention center and you'll see what I mean !

3. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

I was told by the parts department a couple of weeks ago that the new NAV DVD updates should be out in 4-6 weeks. I think the Lexus DVD works in a Prius, as they use the same setup, just the MFD is a bit different. The way the NAV is designed, the LOADING.KWI can support multiple products.

4. Oxo

Oxo New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Does anyone know if the above remarks about a 2006 DVD will apply to the Europe version? My 2005 was supplied with a DVD version 2 for 2004-2005. We must all hope that every year both the software and the explanatory manual will be replaced by an improved version.
    My current version does not include large parts of Ireland and I think there are gaps in France too.