1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

06 NAV:

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by naterprius, Nov 22, 2005.

1. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I'm reading through the 2006 Owner's manual online. Cool 2006 NAV features include switching the keyboard to Qwerty, as well as an option to turn off the BEEP!

Cool!

2. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Also, the Bluetooth phone system is much better. Features include voice dialing, two numbers per entry, quick tones (for voicemail passcode, etc).

BT now available without NAV, but NAV buyers get BT as well.

Overall, the MID will be prettier for BT and NAV users. Plain jane buyers get the same old screen that's in the 2005.

Layout of HVAC changes for BT and NAV users.

More to come...

Nate

3. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    32 Characters on XM Screen!

Nate

4. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Everything is in menus that aren't in 04/ 05. Firmware may be possible, just FYI, I managed to locate a screen showing disc version 5.1, since I have that in my 04, and it doesn't look like the 06, something else will be required.

Oddly enough, it looks like all BT buyers get the full gambit of steering wheel buttons. I wonder if the MAP button is disabled for non-NAV buyers? The manual doesn't say.

A few more improvements:

-Program address book manually, with names.
    -Voice dialing for up to 20 entries, or voice dial by number
    -ASL (Auto Sound Leveling) on select stereos (I'll believe it when I see it).

Nate

5. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    As noted in another thread, there are 3 levels of stereos this year - level 1 is in the JBL models and has ASL, level 2 is in who knows what packages, and level 1 is in the lowest package(s). Level 1 and 2 come with the new MFD and Level 3 comes with the old MFD.