1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'06 Package #4

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Denny_A, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Denny_A

Denny_A New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The 3 nearest dealers to me say that the '06 Prius Package #4 is not available except by special order. As in a LONG wait if that's what I want. These dealers (here in WI) have said the standard available packages are #'s 1, 5, 7 and 8!

Anyone out there able to comment knowledgeably about availability (or lack thereof) of Package #4. Are my local dealers saddled with a LOCAL issue, or a Toyota production issue?

Denny

2. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Oh no. Your not near GB are you? I was going to switch my package #1 to a Package #2 or 3. That will suck if I can't get a 2 or 3. I don't want to have to go to a 5. :(

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    hi Denny :)

well, since i'm familiar with a-town zip codes i punched in 54911 as the zip code for the build and price your car over at toyota.com. looks like they don't offer packages 3 or 4, but the rest are available.

it depends on the distributor for your area, they make the choices on which packages to offer. you're in the 'chicago region.' i don't know how far that region extends but if you're willing to travel outside the region you might be able to get your hands on one more quickly. otherwise, see if the dealer is willing to swap cars with another dealer in another region. if you really want a pk4 it is possible.

good luck :)

4. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Ok so then I'm still ok on getting #2 then right?

5. Denny_A

Denny_A New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thanks Nicky. Local or Regional it's still the same problem. I'll use the "swap" gambit to see if it helps. None of them are thrilled about giving me a trade-in quote, with "bench marks", if 3 or more months wait is required for the pkg #4. Trade value of my '05 is definately an issue. I wonder how much longer it would take if I specify a body color (Barcelona Red) plus interior color!

TracyBeans - I'm in Appleton. Checked with the dealers in GB/ATW/OSH. Don't offer #4 but 2 said they could get one, but had no influence on delivery date. GB salesman wasn't quite sure, but said he thought they could get any build.... he's still chasing it down internally.

Denny

6. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Oh ok I love Appleton! Is Appleton still considered NE WI? I though it was ME or even SE WI LOL

So between the 3 dealerships GB/ATW/OSH whose the best in your opinion? Or are all pretty much the same?

7. duanerw

duanerw senior member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I moved from Green Bay to Lexington Ky about 12 yrs ago.
    Dealers can get any package from another dealer even in another state.I think if you asked they would get you the package 4.
    I traded my 05 with package 3 in day before yesterday for a 06 package 4.Love it..........they bought my 05 from me so i wouldnt own it on jan 1 and would have to pay taxes on it next yr.Here we pay about $15 for the tags but they get you on auto taxes.
    they are going to run the paper work on jan 2.The general mgr put the paper work in his desk so there would be no mistakes.
    I had them put my comforttrend tires on the new one and told them to change tires and rims and to take the vent visors off the o 05 and put them on the 06 with new 3m tape.when i picked it up today they had to change the rubber,couldnt put the rims on the 06 because of the tire preasure sensors being in the rim of the 06.
    love the new texture on the dash and doors no more being carefull when i clean them.the back seat is lower to the floor so people 6 ft and over dont have to bend to set in the back seat.
    The 06 has vsc ,I had it on my 04 highlander and hit something while driving over 65 mph and it tore a hole in the tire,lost all the air in a heartbeat never felt a thing ,heard the noise and pulled over to the side of the road.had i not heard the thud i wouldnt have known i was only on 3 good tires.
    the backup camera is great.I had the update on the 05 computer and lost mpg but the new one gets better than i did before the update.cant wait till warm weather to get true results..........

8. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

woops repost.

9. Denny_A

Denny_A New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Well. Just finished doing the deal for the '06 Barcelona Red Pkg #4. Specified my conditions with the salesman who sold me my '05 Pkg 4. Took about 10 minutes yakking with the sales manager. They/he agreed to my offer. [So, what did I do wrong?].

Originally paid 23.5k in April '05. The '06 is 24,130 + 65 svcs fee = 24,195. Trade -in allowed is 21,195. Difference of $3000. A wash sale. :wub: And, I have been told that WI is is working on a $3k tax "credit" for hybrids as well as an up-to $1000 sales tax exemption. Emphasis on "working on". This is not a tax friendly state!

Waiting time??? Don't know. I do know the salesman though, and once he gets a little free time (mine was his third sale of the day) he'll find a way to get one here sooner than the estimated 3-5 months (SWAG).

Denny

10. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    wow, great deal! wtg Denny! :) hope they're able to get you one quickly.

11. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

I hope my sales guy can find me a way to get one quicker for me. I don't know if I can wait months and months and months :mellow:

12. Denny_A

Denny_A New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I was fully prepared for a "NO"! So, imagine my surprise. But I've purchased two vehicles from the same salesman and have kibbitzed with most of the managers and salesmen over the years. They know I always pay cash, etc.

Have a nice trip. I'll be looking for your warm nosed "black beauty" around town in a few days. {Forecast up to 7" of snow tonight} :huh:

Denny

13. gordonr

gordonr Member

I also want a package 4, buy I'm in the New England region. I can wait the 4 to 5 months for a special order as the New England region is not importing this package. My dealer tried to place a special order for me, and yesterday I was told the Toyota New England regional office rejected the request for a special order. I'm sure they are thinking why satisfy a customer when you can find 50,000 other people who will just take whatever we offer and not complain. It certainly isn't worth the 10 minutes of order input at the regional office to create a happy customer who will sing the praises of Toyota for years to come.

Does anyone know if the regional distributor associated with New York will process special orders for a Prius? The New York region isn't getting Package 4 either, but if they are more willing to process a special order that would work for me (only a 2 1/2 hour drive).

To the best of my knowledge, North Carolina and Ohio are the closest states to Massachusetts who are getting package 4 through the normal process. Unfortuneately, both are far enough away that the travel/time cost to get them doesn't make economic sense.

14. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

I doubt you'll have to wait near that long..... history of other people say otherwise..... but I have found that what used to be just waiting for a really cool car... one that would just be cooler than my present one, is turning into a sweeter and sweeter anticipation of meeting my little baby!

The wait will just make it even sweeter when I finally get it!

I've never been near this excited about getting a car.. except maybe when I was a teenager and I was getting my first car!... But in both cases..."then and now", I had to wait!..... I will "not" give up my true wants and settle for less!.... I will wait as long as it takes.... it will just make getting what I really want that much better.

I encourage people not to settle for anything less than your true love!

15. theorist

theorist Member

It seems that package #4 (HG, with VSC, $1825) is now available in new england.

Today I went to 'build your toyota' at toyota.com again. It now allows me to choose option package #4 in Massachusetts! This was not possible a couple days again. The dealers seem skeptical that this means they can get them now. One said that checking the swapable inventories of other dealers there weren't any available.

I haven't seen any of the regional allocation breakdowns. Has anyone else? Does anyone know how many (%) package 4's will be coming to new england or when?

Has anyone completed a special production order? How long did it take? Dealers have given me answers ranging from 10-12 weeks, to 4 months, to we can't do it. How can the buyer verify if a 'special production order' has been placed or if they're simply on the dealer's list for incoming vehicles?