1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'06 package-6 in So. Cal, Blue tooth Q

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by palau, Mar 21, 2006.

1. palau

palau New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hi there all.

I just sold my subaru and am really gearing up for the arrival of my prius. (silver 2006 package 6--though i am flexible.)

my question is this:
    According to the package descriptions the dealership in Santa Monica, CA gave me, Package 6 has the bluetooth feature and NOT the navigation device.

My friend thinks that one can't have bluetooth WITHOUT the navigation device--because that's how it was with her lexus.

She even asked her friend who happens to be a dealer at Toyota--of all places--and he said that the package with blue tooth sans nav. device is not offered in So. Cal. huh?

What's going on here? Am I totally missing something?

Thanks again, in advance.

Christine

2. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I have a white Pkg 6 with Bluetooth, and no NAV. It works great. I haven't tried the voice activation, but heard it worked for some functions without NAV. I kept my Subaru (Impreza RS, and wife's Outback), but really am enjoying the Prius, that I have to force myself to drive the Sub on weekends, and the Outback really feels truck-like after all week in the Prius. You won't be sorry with PKG 6 unless you really must have NAV. I'm in LA and got the car at Sierra Toyota in Lancaster for list + $600 for bogus wheel well moldings, and black pin stripe. If you're flexible, check out carsdirect.com. I got my car the same day as I contacted them. Wanted blue, got white though.

3. palau

palau New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    thanks for clearing that up, subarutoo.

you know, i think i must have read one of your posts elsehwere on this board, because as per your advice, YESTERDAY i went to carsdirect. i was only contacted once by toyota of hollywood and that was to let me know about the long wait. duh.

now that i have to start riding the bus (don't cry for me, it's just down a ten mile stretch of wilshire) i'm really anxious for the car.

thanks again.

christine

4. badaka

badaka New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I've got package five. Bluetooth and voice work great with my Nextel.