1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

06- Prius/Civic Hybrid comparison

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lowspeed, Mar 2, 2006.

1. lowspeed

lowspeed Member

http://www.windingroad.com/download?issue=8

Either they didn't drive both cars or i don't know what happened.

In the chart it shows 0-60 8 sec for the Honda... which every other source says it is 12 sec.

The writer also points out how much faster the civic is ...

Something is wrong about this article... making the entire magazine unreliable.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    subscription needed.

3. lowspeed

lowspeed Member

All you need is to give it a fake info ... including email ... it doesn't verify.

4. jeromep

jeromep Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Why not provide us the fake info here so that we can reuse it rather than fill their database with false individuals?

5. lowspeed

lowspeed Member

Actually i used my real hotmail-spam email ... :) i didn't know they would not verify the email ...

6. bobr1

bobr1 New Member

Try www.bugmenot.com - a web site specifically set up for reusing semi-anonymous logins to various sites.

- Bob R.

7. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Their spec on the Prius is totally wrong. It said HP is 76 at 5000 RPM. That's just the gas engine, combine with the motor, it's 110 HP at 5000 RPM.

They should do more research before writing an article.

8. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

I visit another board called www.greenhybrid.com
    The founder owns a prius, but alot of Honda owners frequent the board and do a lot of model comparisons and lean heavly towards the Hybrid Hondas..
    But there are a few of us Prius owners trying to keep the truths going lol... <_<

9. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Is that an invitation to support prius owners on greenhybrid.com with facts? :D

I also visit that site occasionally. But not a member.

10. lowspeed

lowspeed Member

I for one don't find it funny. It's one thing of Honda owner to be biased, but this is article is supposedly written by professionals.

A car is the 2nd biggest purchase most people do in their life.

I think these so called professional magazines take more responsibility to what they write.

11. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

LOL, Not really an invite but all are welcome, I cruise all the postings .

When I was researching new cars (6 months worth).. I used sites like edmunds they give you the pros / cons then they have a seperate statment that seems more pointed at the dealer on how great each car is, I guess that not to piss off the manufacturers and have them sue.. like reading between the lines..
    BTW, All the comparisons I did showed the prius far out classed the the Civic from 04' to 06', for roomyness & performance and the new civic (to me) looks like a flattened prius... I keep hearing/reading peoples negitive posts on the prius but see how ugly the new civic is and find out they are just honda only owners (in the family) so to speak..

I saw a posting from a guy asking about the new prius, lol the honda guys where trying to wade him over to the DARK SIDE (so to speak) to the honda because you paid less and got more?.. I said you get less you pay less.. I have always been a Ford/Dodge man my self the wifes been a chevy girl all her life.. now we both own Toyotas and are very pleased she said she wont own anything other than a hybrid toyota since the 04' prius..... :)

12. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Oh come on, its just a magazine (and not a very successful one at that) with an article written to do one thing, get subscriptions. They're just editorial opinions.

We all love our Priuses but its just a car, and nobody is going to be damaged by their stupid review.

13. Liam

Liam New Member

This seems to be a magazine about sports cars, so they naturally are not going to like a car like a Prius if they want it to behave like a Jaguar. I don't understand why they would even write a review of a Prius or Civic hybrid.

14. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    They feel left out because hybrids are hot now. So they try to pretend that they care.

We've seen this countless times over the years. And it's really easy to figure out where their loyalties actually stand. Just do a search for Camry. If you can't find any mention, they really don't have any interest in family cars. So there's no way Prius stands a chance with their particular audience.