1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

06 Prius Leather

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mcmurray, Oct 21, 2005.

1. mcmurray

mcmurray Junior Member

I just ordered my first Prius (06 facelift model).

I am in Australia and here they only offer one I-Tech package and that includes about everything (#6?).

I have discovered that in addition to the inclusion of the camera, thay are offering leather too. My question is whether the leather is included in the Australian I-Tech package (like the camera) or is it to be charged as an option?.

Does anyone know what price increase isgoing to happen on the I-Tech pack (Aust or US etc)?

2. pooyan

pooyan New Member

I've started looking at buying an '06 Prius too. I was told that the I-Tech package is the same price as the '05 model, but you get leather, the reversing camera, the exterior facelift and 'iPod compatible' stereo, as well as the regular I-Tech stuff. I'm guessing that the iPod compatible means that you can plug in your iPod to the AUX port on the stereo.

I just need to sell my current car for the right amount then I can put in my order for the Prius :lol:

I'm in Melbourne, btw.

3. mcmurray

mcmurray Junior Member

I am not sure about the pricing - from what I have read about the US pricing there is an increase planned for the top package (#8 in the US) over the previous top package (#6 in the US) so we are likely to see a similar increase. Thst being said, no dealer can tell us anything firm yet.

After some haggling and going from one dealer to another I did get a purchase contract that fixes my price to the current '05 pricing. So I guess that I have 'hedged' and I hope that I do get the top package for my price, including leather, camera etc.

For those of you in the US reading this, here in Australia we pay AU$39990 on the road for the base model and AU$49990 for the I-tech pack model (#6 only but for '06 I hope the #8)) - that equates to US$30190 and US$37750 respectively with gas costing about A$1.20 per litre or US$3.60 per US gallon (4L?).

I don't know much about I-Pods but it will have Bluetooth so that it will integrate fully with a Bluetooth mobile phone.

The dealer expects I might get mine mid-February '06.

4. pooyan

pooyan New Member

The dealer I spoke to in Nunawading specifically said that the i-Tech package price would not increase for the '06 model - for what thats worth. I didn't get anything in writing.

Congratulations on your purchase by the way :) Hopefully I'll be posting here soon that I've placed my order.