1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

06 Red #3, 2/26/2006, arr 3/24, Dublin, CA

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by bsd43, Mar 25, 2006.

1. bsd43

bsd43 Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Date Ordered: 2/26/2006
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Dublin Toyota, Dublin, CA (SF Bay Area)
    Timeframe given for delivery: 3 weeks
    Color: Barcelona Red
    Option Package: #3
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: No idea, but "next shipment".

Delivery: 3/24/2006 (4 weeks)
    Price: $300 under MSRP, "Costco Deal".

Very painless, highly recommended. Toyota Finance gave me lousy rates though -- got a credit union with a rate half what Toyota offered, and I have a 800+ FICO score. So shop around, and don't just take their rates!

Prem Chand and his brother Satish were the fleet sales folks who worked with me. Highly recommended.

2. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

W00t! Enjoy!

If you went through the Costco deal, didn't you automatically get offered the low-rate financing (about 5%)? Maybe your CU was better than that, anyway.

I got my red #3 last month and have been busily outfitting it with seat covers, tint, mud flaps, a bra, side moldings, Zaino, etc. Hopefully this ultra-wet spring we've had will clear up (maybe next week, when Daylight Savings kicks in?) so you can enjoy it.

3. bsd43

bsd43 Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yeah, I got offered that 5.25% for 3 years Capital One deal from Costco, but it couldn't beat the 3.49% 3 year loan from a credit union that I qualified for because I worked in San Mateo County. B)

The 6.99% (any length from 3 to 5 yrs) offer from Toyota was completely ridiculous.

As for customizing... Spinners! (j/k, but wouldn't 15" spinners just be so wrong?)

4. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

You done good. Have to put up your firstborn as security?

Spinners? :blink:
    :unsure:
    :eek:
    :rolleyes:
    :lol:
    :p

5. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hooray for another Barcelona Red Prius being out in the world!

6. bsd43

bsd43 Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Ha, no, just standard auto financing. They also offered a home equity option, so you could also take a tax deduction but offer your home as security. But that's adding risk where there's only a few hundred dollars gained, in my case.

http://www.mycuonline.org/ is the link to the credit union.