1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'06 Silver Metallic, #2, Jan 17, Nashville TN

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by LtRipley36706, Jan 17, 2006.

1. LtRipley36706

LtRipley36706 New Member

Date Ordered: Jan 17, 2006
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Beaman Toyota (Nashville, TN)
    Timeframe given for delivery: 45 - 60 days
    Color: Classic Silver Metallic (originally Seaside Pearl)
    Option Package: #2
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: 7th overall, 2nd for Seaside Pearl / PKG #2
    Date of delivery - Saturday, Jan 21, 2006

I put down the required $500 deposit for the order today, taking the first step toward my first new car purchase. My salesman Ron was very helpful in making sure I got the package and color I wanted as well as making sure the CF option was also included. Beaman has the best deal going in the area, where they're only charging MSRP, and seem to be getting regular shipments. Just today they got in two 2006 Prii, a Driftwood Pearl and a Metallic Silver.. As of right now, the Metallic Silver is available and is a PKG #4. I believe the Driftwood was just waiting for its new owner.

Now lets see how long before I just end up starring at my cell phone all day waiting for "the call." :D

2. andyman68

andyman68 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats on your Prius order! The Silver #4 is the package that I have been waiting from 2 different dealers where I am on their lists in 2 different states.

Did they give you an estimated time for your color and package?

Andy

3. LtRipley36706

LtRipley36706 New Member

Ron said it could be as early as Feb. and as late as March... I believe the 06 Seaside Pearl #2 that is infront of me comes early Feb, so I guess, if they backed out of the deal, I'd snag that one! In the meantime, I just get to build up my downpayment more. =) Good luck on your order, If you were willing/able to make the drive, I'd bet that Silver #4 will still be in Nashville tomorrow.. Probably not much longer after that, however... ;)

4. LtRipley36706

LtRipley36706 New Member

On Thursday Jan 19th, My Salesman Ron called to let me know that a Silver Pine, PKG #2 had arrived and was available if I was interested. Not wanting to pass up an opportunity I drove on down to Beaman to see the Prius in person.. Silver Pine was my least favorite color based on what I'd seen on the web and other pictures, but I didn't want to judge incase it looked better in the real world. We had a great test drive, but I just couldn't be happy in Green/Beige Prius. They had also gotten in a Seaside Blue/Beige Prius at a higher package, so Ron was kind enough to drive me over to the storage lot to let me see what it looked like as well. I was dissapointed because I was expecting something a little deeper blue than the color on that one as well, so we decided to switch over to Silver as it was a safe bet, and would available with Grey interior. Well, interestingly enough, while we were in the storage area, we noticed a Silver and Black 2006 as well, and it turned out the Silver one was in fact a package #2 and was AVAILABLE!!!!

Thus, here I am writing on the 21st of Jan 2006, check in hand and ready to pick up my Prius at 8:30am! My first new car purchase ever, and I'm just so exstatic to be joining the elite Prius ownership group! I've mostly lurked on here for a while, learning all that I could about ownership of a Prius and I can't wait to experience it all first hand!

It seems while there seems to be a "list" at practically all the dealers, they are getting cars regularly and the one YOU want can be gotten pretty darn quick! If you're in the market, nows the time, with gas prices continually going up, and the tax credit that makes the car even more of a buy, set to phase out as early as June!

5. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congratulations, Lt. Ripley! Chance favors the prepared mind! Do you have your own pick-up checklist? No extended warranty from the dealer... No pre-paid maintenance... Close look at the front spoiler lip...

You're gonna love it!

6. LtRipley36706

LtRipley36706 New Member

Thanks Bill! I picked it up this AM, and thoroughly enjoyed the 20 mile trip home. I did use the pick-up checklist found on this site, and didn't buy into the extended warranty, pre-paid maint. They are giving me the first checkup at 3000 miles for 10 bucks, so that seems like a reasonable deal. Front spoiler lip lookin great.. Now I'm just reading up on the manuals, and learning new things that I didn't know before! I do have one question so far, perhaps you or someone else can answer, What 2006 packages come with Automatic headlights? My control knob doesn't appear to have the the notch "Auto", however the sensor looks to be installed..

7. notsure

notsure New Member

no auto headlights for the usa, but they do turn off when you turn off your car. I run with just the running lights during the day.