1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'06 T-Spirit Issues...HALP!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by priusNlondon, Jan 4, 2012.

1. priusNlondon

priusNlondon Pingu 2.0

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    ----UK----
    Hello,

I have a UK model 05-06 T-spirit in the UK approx 80,000mi, purchased off the boat almost all services done at dealer. This year we had to have the traction battery replaced, luckily still under warranty by the skin of our teeth! They also replaced the water pump at the same time. Since all of this, some of the buttons on my steering wheel have stopped working, or only work when the wheel is turned to a certain rotation. Main buttons not functioning are 'info' and the two defrost buttons and air circulation in/out. The A/C, Mode, Temp, Volume, Map, Speak and directional ones all work fine. As do all the dash buttons.
    I went back to the dealer and asked them about it and they checked and said it was damaged/faulty wires in the steering spiral something or other... It's now to the point were none of them work anymore not even when steering wheel is turned. I'm a little irritated as these were not issues before the big battery went wrong...

SO my questions are, is it possible the wires being faulty shorted out the battery in the first place? OR were these wires damaged when they put the new one in or took the old one out OR even when they were doing all of the diagnostics trying to work out why all my evil lights were on, They originally told me there was no way it was the traction battery as that was rare... THEY WERE WRONG! lol to replace the wires they are asking a lot of money...so i'm skeptical.

I also had a headlight melt down a couple years ago where i had to replace the wires to the front headlights as they housing had melted. Could this have affected the traction battery?

Second set of questions...
    I apparently have a hole in my exhaust somewhere? Is this common? They want like £400+ to repair/replace it, that seems a bit excessive, but it is a dealer so I will shop round.

Thanks in advance for your responses! :cheer2:

2. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  3. priusNlondon

priusNlondon Pingu 2.0

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    ----UK----
  4. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    jeremy clarkson would say, "how hard could it be??"
    so just fix it yourself or live with it and 'soldier on'

I still remember the Top Gear episode when Clarkson said that the Prius would hit children crossing the street because they couldn't hear it coming in electric mode if it weren't for the fact that the Prius was so slow the children would be able to go thru puberty before the Prius hit them.

Then Cameran Diaz showed up and all of a sudden he was the world's biggest Prius fan.

And I don't think cars are very good for UK, after all the car lost to the public transport system which lost to the boat which lost to the bike.

And you guys drive on the wrong side of the damn road!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  5. priusNlondon

priusNlondon Pingu 2.0

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    ----UK----
    I'm American you nitwit.:rolleyes: