1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'07 package #1 prices?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Nards, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Nards

Nards New Member

I was planning on buying a used Prius, but the more and more that I think about it, the more I am kind of leaning toward just getting a new one. I think the package #1 is all I really need. I'm not in any rush and definitely plan on trying to find the best deal possible. What did some of you guys end up paying OTD on the package #1? Thanks.

2. brad34695

brad34695 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nards @ Jun 8 2007, 01:34 PM) [snapback]458180[/snapback]</div>

Nards,

First of all, welcome to the message board and congrats on your decision to buy a Prius. I live in the Tampa Bay Florida area and I bought a package 1 back in Feb. I paid just over $24,000 for the car. Some may say that'a a bit high, others may say that's about right. No matter how it turned out, I LOVE MY CAR!!

I'm not into leather seating, so that was never an issue for me. The package one has side air bags, and the back up camera. Obviuosly it does not include a GPS system for your computer display. I am a satilitte radio junkie, so on my own I purchased the XM reciever espeically made for the Prius. You can find the reciever at this sites accessories page. It is very complicated to install, and I would recommend having someone at a Toyota dealship installing it. The unit ran me around $250 and installation was about the same.

Living in the Tampa area, it's all flat land city driving with very warm temps. With the A/C on (which means usually) I get about 51MPG. However if its not too humid in the early AM's, I will run the car w/o the A/C. I have noticed a sizeable difference between the two, and w/o the A/C I get closer to 57 MPG! I religously have 42 PSI in the front tires, and 40 PSI in the rear tires. You'll learn to coast and glide, which boosts your MPG!

Good luck on your upcoming purchase. You'll be in love when you drive away from the dealership, and you'll never want to "break up".

Brad
    Tampa Bay Florida

3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nards @ Jun 8 2007, 01:34 PM) [snapback]458180[/snapback]</div>
    Read through www.carbuyingtips.com and start shopping. Let the Internet Sales Managers know what you want and what you don't want. IMO a 2007 in hand is better than a 2008 in the bush. Happy hunting as lower end packages can be harder to find.