1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

07 pri has been built and shipped

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sonny, Sep 8, 2006.

1. sonny

sonny New Member

I was just notified that my new Touring Edition prius has been built and shipped. Ordered in June. Does anyone know how long shipping takes?

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sonny @ Sep 8 2006, 03:24 PM) [snapback]316641[/snapback]</div>
    I certainly don't but the ocean voyage shouldn't take more than a week. My car was manufactured in August and arrived at the dealer the first week of September. The dealer is about a 5 hour drive from the PoE.

Please post some photos when you get it, I would like to see what they did to the spoiler and what the wheels look like.

3. sonny

sonny New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tumbleweed @ Sep 8 2006, 05:50 PM) [snapback]316649[/snapback]</div>

THANKS, will post photos when it comes in

4. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    I -think- your car will come in from the Panama Canal. Then up to Boston, where it will be unloaded, any options added, and then shipped by truck to your dealer. One-two weeks on the water, a week at the port (paperwork etc), and a day or two to the dealer. It -can- take longer, depending on how busy they are at the port. This all based on experience with the Mazda RX-8. It may also be unloaded in Florida and trucked from there. The car manufacturers don't control the ports, but they can decide which ones to use.

Patience is a virtue. ;)