1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'07 Prius Horn 'o Plenty

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Pinto Girl, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Happy Monday.

I was out on a walk this weekend and, on the way home, happened by the Toyota dealer in my neighborhood.

In the very lot where I took delivery of my fair Buzz, there were eight new Prii, all awaiting their new owners.
    It really was quite a gathering and also presented an opportunity for me to compare the non-Touring model (can we come up with a name for these cars, other than non-something?) and Touring edition.

Quite a spetacle. There were four Tourings (two metallic green, one metallic blue, one black) and four standard editions ( two black, one metallic green, and one red).

Three thoughts:
    <blockquote>1. The longer spoiler on the Touring does look lots racier, and I'm not even sure that for a driver of my height, it would make rearward vision any worse at all.</blockquote>
    <blockquote>2. Seeing the Touring and the non-Touring facing each other, in profile, the 16" wheels do seem to give the appearance of filling the wheelwells to a much greater degree. I found myself thinking that the Standard edition (at least, if it's not lowered) kind of looks like it's on tippy toes in comparision. BTW, the Tourings all had Bridgestone Turanza EL-400 tires; the Standards, Integrities.</blockquote>
    <blockquote>3. Speaking of wheels, the covers on the wheels of the Touring really do look like plastic covers, at least to my eye. From a distance they look okay, but close up...areas like around the valve stem and the length of the plastic 'spokes' make it a little too obvious that that's just a piece of plastic. Ugh. I found this kind of disappointing and I *definitely* think they need to tell folks about the plastic covers and downplay the allow wheels. Could be cheapo steel under there...who'd know? The 15's, in comparison, are more than passable with the trim rings, if you like the look, and are nice without as well.</blockquote>

I like the idea of the Touring edition, but the wheels, especially, tarnish the execution. Frankly, I wonder if it's really worth anything more than the standard edition. The 'tuned' suspension prob'ly didn't cost Toyota much at all; the wheels I suspect might actually be cheaper to produce than the 15-inchers, and the tires might be a few dollars more expensive (in bulk), but that's it.

2. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Oct 23 2006, 02:36 PM) [snapback]336882[/snapback]</div>

I installed the larger rear spoiler on my Prius LINK and I can tell you that its just like the original when looking out the rear. You cant see it at all. But it looks great from the outside. :D

3. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Oct 23 2006, 01:44 PM) [snapback]336890[/snapback]</div>
    How much does that larger rear spoiler cost? I went to the link on your original thread and I could not find body parts.