1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

07-Prius SRS light ON with NO CODES

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by batis, Oct 20, 2013.

1. batis

batis Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    my left roof airbag and driver side seat belt (retractor) were damaged all parts have been replaced but my airbag light still remains on.

I erased all the DTC codes with my techstream software

I've driven the car for 400 miles with the light on and no codes.

Is there another way to erase the airbag light? Do I need to buy a SRS module?

I would appreciate any feedback ...Thanks in advance

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I suggest you obtain Toyota repair manual at techinfo.toyota.com

Perhaps wiring harness damage has occurred from the accident. The repair manual provides advice regarding how to check connections to the SRS ECU, see the Diagnostics section regarding DTC B1000.

It is possible that the 12V power connections to the SRS ECU are at fault. From the manual:

"When the SRS warning light remains on and the DTC output is the normal system code, a voltage

source drop is likely to occur. This malfunction is not stored in the memory by the airbag ECU assy.

If the power source voltage returns to normal, the SRS warning light will automatically go off."

3. batis

batis Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I've checked the voltage on my battery when the car is off the battery reads 12.4V and when hit the start button for a second time it drops down to 12.1V when I turn on the car the battery jumps to 14.4V

I was reading that the DTC B1000 means that the SRS ECU needs to be replaced.

If I were to get the crash data erased (epron chip) from my SRS module will this work for my prius?

I've sent out srs modules to get repaired mostly Honda's n Acura's and when I get them back
    they are good as new with no SRS lights on.

4. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Yes this does also apply to the Prius, SRS ECU needs to be reset to remove the light.
    This is required if the airbag was deployed, something not clear from your first post only saying "the air bag was damaged".
    Toyota will not perform this service only supplying a new ECU because of safety implications.

John (Britprius)

jbmbenjamin likes this.
  5. batis

batis Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I'm sorry for not being clear what I meant by damaged was that roof airbag deployed and my driver seat belt retractor got stuck(tube inflator went off) meaning the belt is no good.

I'm going to send out my SRS module to have the crash data remove. I'll keep you guys posted on my SRS light.

I would post pictures but since i'm new to the forum i'm being prevented.

thanks.

6. batis

batis Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Update-
    I got my module back this weekend. The crash data was erased and my SRS light is gone.:)