1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

07 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by onegunro, Sep 16, 2006.

1. onegunro

onegunro New Member

Hi All! I am excited to buy a new 07! I have aquestion tho. Should I get the regular version or the touring? I want a loaded one, either way - leather and all! The only difference I see on the brochure between the two is the tires. Is that correct? And if it is, are the 16" wheels worth price difference? Thanks!

2. Ghostrider

Ghostrider New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(onegunro @ Sep 16 2006, 07:30 PM) [snapback]320653[/snapback]</div>
    I believe they also have a different suspension on the touring. You probably should test drive both before deciding - unless one sudenly comes avaialble before the Sept. 30 date.

3. onegunro

onegunro New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ghostrider @ Sep 16 2006, 08:04 PM) [snapback]320659[/snapback]</div>

My local dealer only has an 06 for test driving. All others will be ordered, and now they are making 07's. It would be nice if the touring has a better suspension, but I won't be able to drive one to check out the difference! Thanks for the response!

4. orionll

orionll Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ghostrider @ Sep 16 2006, 06:04 PM) [snapback]320659[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah I agree. If you want a Prius now and you don't really want the Touring Edition you should get a 2006 Prius. So far I can't spot any visual differences like the hybrid side icon on the 06 Prius.

5. filiberti

filiberti Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(onegunro @ Sep 16 2006, 08:30 PM) [snapback]320653[/snapback]</div>
    Touring is a tighter suspension , different wheels and 16" , and the spoiler is 1" longer (big deal ) plus comes with the halogen headlamps and fog lights standard , which you can get as option on reg Prius. Check toyotausa.com and build your own for your ZIP CODE to see what option packages avail in your area ? I notice in Northeast no NAV or leather avail for the TOURING model .

6. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(filiberti @ Sep 17 2006, 06:35 AM) [snapback]320792[/snapback]</div>
    All Prius models and packages have halogen headlights. Some packages and the Touring model come with HID - High Intensity Discharge - Xenon headlights.

7. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

Tuned suspension, 16-inch wheels, wider tires... but regular seats and rear drum brakes. <_<

8. onegunro

onegunro New Member

Does anyone have an idea of how the touring suspension is different? Will it ride smoother or sportier? Thanks for all the help!

9. peakfinder

peakfinder New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(onegunro @ Sep 18 2006, 10:34 AM) [snapback]321174[/snapback]</div>

I'll let you know when mine gets here. :D

Joe

10. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    As I've said before, I predict that the Touring may give the feeling of being more responsive, probably due to the quicker turn-in the 16" wheels and 55-series tires will provide. Whether it has higher handling limits might be determined primarily by the tire Toyota specifies.

I suspect that the springs will actually be a teeny bit softer than the regular Prius (to compensate for the stiffer sidewalls of the tires) and the shocks/struts will be significantly stiffer (to provide better jounce and rebound control, and a more 'European' feel). And if there is a sway bar down there somewhere, I suspect it will be of thicker diameter. They might even mess with bushings a bit, or they may not.

The Touring will probably ride a little firmer over smaller bumps and there may be better body roll control. It will probably feel tighter when you make lane changes and like that.

But whether it's actually any better in the curvies remains to be seen, however.

I suspect you'll like the Touring Edition. It's the current 'best of the best' that the factory offers, after all!