1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

08 Prius bad brake system

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Alex Nikiforov, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Alex Nikiforov

Alex Nikiforov New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I had 3 Priuses two weeks ago ,now down to two,reasons ;Power steering problems that Toyota Dealer informed me that is Not available anymore ,so I sold perfectly running 03 Prius even so I caped it in the garage No running for 4-5 months .In this 4-5:months I was driving my newly purchased 14 Prius C.The problems I start having is with 2008 Prius brakes that doesn't work. When I spoke with Toyota representative last month, she told me ;There NO RECALL.On the NEWS there clearly talked about the accidents caused by "BRAKE FAILURE " and "Running" Toyotas.Now the 08 Prius is in the garage, NOT running, I do payments and insurance on it.VIN :JTDKB20U187718418.
    ATTENTION :NEED THIS PROBLEM SOLVED ASAP, so I can drive it.

2. johnnyb588

johnnyb588 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Without knowing anything more specific than "brake problem," advice will be difficult to give.

If your car is throwing any trouble codes (the MIL/CEL is on, for example), have the codes pulled and report back.

3. exstudent

exstudent Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    You should seek professional help.

Maybe contact TampaPrius here on Priuschat. He is in Tampa, FL.

You say brakes don't work. Describing symptoms would help.

Since this Prius isn't driven much, maybe a stuck brake caliper?

Why not sell this depreciating asset that goes unused for months at a time. Problem solved.

Runaway vehicles not being able to stop was attributed to stuck floor mats years ago and likely driver error. Some of these cases have been settled. Others are working their way through the courts. Your accelerator pedal was likely trimmed on one of these safety recalls.

#3 exstudent, Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2016