1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

08' Prius Bluetooth Issues

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Palmetto, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Palmetto

Palmetto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I've been using bluetooth for a year without a hitch (08' Prius). As of late, I can use the MFD to speedial a call, but it can't be heard over the speaker. I have to use the phone as if there was no bluetooth (hold it to my ear). Furthermore, the volume up/down on the steering wheel will not adjust, nor will the call terminate button on the steering wheel. No sound comes from the speaker and no buttons other than speedial work, yet there is a successful connection.

The bluetooth feature is pretty much not working despite having made the connection with my phone.

The dealership is useless on this one. Any help is appreciated. Thanks,
    Jeff

2. jpadc

jpadc Type before I think too often

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My first suggestion would be to go through and de-pair and re-pair the phone to see if that helps. Maybe you have tried that already

3. Palmetto

Palmetto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks.
    I'm going to register my wife's phone to make sure it's not the phone that's failing (doubt that).
    The dealership has told me "never seen a bluetooth fail". This tells me they don't want to/can't deal with this one.

4. Palmetto

Palmetto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I don't know why I ever doubted my Prius!!
    Turns out the problem is my cellphone.

My Prius has better reliability than a simple cellphone. Man, I love that car! :rockon:

5. capudo

capudo New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i have a 2008 prius and my curve worked fine. Now my blackberry tour does not work. the phone recognized the car and does sync, however my bluetooth will not recognize the phone. any suggestions?