1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

08 Prius for 13k$ with 40k miles worth it?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Mf94, Jul 7, 2023.

1. Mf94

Mf94 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Saw and test drove a 08 Prius with under 40k miles dealership quoting 13k$ for the price. Is it worth it?

donbright and Tombukt2 like this.
  2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Not too me no . I paid 2K for mine I paid $48 for a 2013 just as the pandemic was starting and before the pandemic I bought a 2010 and paid around $52 for it because my wife didn't want to deal she just wanted the car and there's no thing you can do when that arises

3. ColoradoCrow

ColoradoCrow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Ones in my area with 180k miles on it are selling for $8,500. Depends on your market. In SOCAL I could see that going for that price with only 40k mileage.

4. Georgina Rudkus

Georgina Rudkus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Not in Chicago or anywhere in the Rust Belt.

pasadena_commut likes this.
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    great deal, practically brand new. plan on a new battery some time in the future, but the rest of the car is rock solid

6. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!
    Mileage seems low, or rolled back. Confirm by running the VIN at a toyota dealership, then spend the extra $$ for a car fax as well.

FYI : you're moderated until you've posted 5 times.

WHCSC and donbright like this.
  7. pasadena_commut

pasadena_commut Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Either the odometer is wrong or that car sat unused most of its life. It could be some old person's car (40K miles in 5 years followed by 10 years in a garage while the owner is in a home or disabled), in which case it would be a good deal. But might still need a new HV battery and would definitely need a new 12V battery. Or it could be a total scam. It has "too good to be true" written all over it, so be very careful, and have a mechanic with Prius experience look it over. Thoroughly. Since you are in Chicago, the rust status is absolutely crucial - it could look great from the outside but be ready to break in half underneath.

8. douglasjre

douglasjre Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Maybe it's worth it. I would make certain mice didnt eat the soy-based wiring. It might need new shocks even though it has low miles. And I have to question how much life is left in the battery pack. I have no personal experience with using the Dr Prius app but the rumor has it You can determine how much life is left in the traction battery