1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

08 prius lcd screen?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by jlstough, Dec 24, 2012.

1. jlstough

jlstough New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    One
    My prick of a husband punched the lcd screen in our 08 prius and the display cracked. What would the price of repair be? We can't install it ourselves, so buying the parts secondhand and installing them ourselves is not an option.

Attached Files:

2. jlstough

jlstough New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    One
    The lcd itself is not cracked, there is no warping or color bleed. Its the touch mechanism that does not work.

3. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hopefully soon to be ex-husband...

You need part number 86110B. There are multiple versions. If you have navigation, the part is $5260.69 + tax + installation. If you do not have navigation, it is cheaper at $3303.81 + tax + installation.

Sometimes used ones pop up on eBay for $300 to $2000. But you never know how the LCD was used or abused before hand. You can use any from 2006, 2007, 2008, or 2009 that has or doesn't have navigation depending on what you have.

[​IMG]

4. 2k1Toaster

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The touch and glass panel are not individually available items. You can find from another salvaged unit, but you will need to open the MFD (that is what we call it around here, Multi-Function Display) and replace DIY style. It is not too hard, but it will take time and you should know what you are doing. You could replace it with a $50 resistive overlay if you find the right size. I believe the touchscreen controller is pretty standard 4 or 5 wire control, but I am not sure as I personally have not "cracked" one open, pun intended.

5. jlstough

jlstough New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Ugh, I am beyond furious right now. Our unit does not have nav, so it would be a little cheaper I guess. The car is stuck with the temp settings we had it on as there are no physical climate keys. Defrost wasn't on, and its below 20 here. I guess for now there are no immediate chances of us getting that fixed as we do not have anywheres near that type of money. Thanks for the imput, guys. I just can't believe this right now.

6. 2k1Toaster

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Defrost and temperature are controllable from the buttons on the steering wheel.

7. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If you can find a suitable salvage part, then maybe you can get an independent mechanic in your area to install it. It really is quite easy to get to the MFD and replace it, perhaps 30 min of labor or less.

8. jlstough

jlstough New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I completely forgot about the steering controls as I don't often use them. Thank you for the reminder, you're a life saver.