1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

08 Prius mods list

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by OrPrius08, Nov 19, 2007.

1. OrPrius08

OrPrius08 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hello all, I picked up my 08 Prius spectra blue mica w/ pkg. 2 on Thursday. I had been split between a Forester and a Prius and hands down I am glad I chose the Prius. I am planing on doing the following to the car and was checking to see if anyone had any input.

Exterior:
    wheels - I put on studded tires and removed the plastic ring, literally looks 1000x better
    shark fin antenna
    OEM mudflaps

Interior:
    floor mats - Floortech Floor Liner for front and back
    seat covers - CoverKing Neoprene (black) for front and back seats.
    DICE iPod controller

Questions:
    -I liked the fog lights on the touring and would like to do something similar, anyone have any suggestions.
    -Carpet/upholstery treatment anyone have any suggestions

Well thats all of now let me know if you have a better suggestion then what I chose. I am enjoying the MPG my old ride was a 00 Tacoma that got 18mpg if you where going downhill lol.

2. ToddWess

ToddWess New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OrPrius08 @ Nov 19 2007, 02:16 AM) [snapback]541467[/snapback]</div>
    Congrats on the new Prius!!

I also have an 08, but not the touring edition. It is option package #6 (everything)

Are the fog lights on the touring different? Mine has fog lights, but are they not the same?

Todd

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The fogs aren't any different on the Touring from the standard model.

Iwould suggest maybe aftermarket foglights. They're much brighter than the stock ones and might actually be useful. The stock ones are more like "hey look at me I'm here".

4. icarus

icarus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ToddWess @ Nov 20 2007, 07:28 AM) [snapback]541944[/snapback]</div>
    The fogs on our 07 are worse than useless! You can't even tell when they are on.

Icarus

5. slair

slair Ubër Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The only useful thing that I've found for them are, when you have to signal to someone to either go, or whatever. Insted of flashing my HID's on bright and blinding them, I just flash my floods and I'm sure they appreciate it more.

6. jukeboy

jukeboy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    any pics of the seat covers? I got a pair for just the front and i'm trying to put them on but there doesn't seem to be a way to slide the ends through to the rear of the seat. the seats shouldn't be any different on the touring model yes?

7. kazots

kazots LifesaBeach

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    hey slair,how do you keep your black car clean and what polish do you use?

8. Stefx

Stefx Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Are you happy with the DICE iPod controller? I'm thinking of getting one and would appreciate some feedback

9. echase

echase New Member

Are you happy with the seat covers? I'm considering these or the wet okoles.